Monday, February 6, 2006

Today is the day

                

                  

     I am starting SB today.  For breakfast I will have an egg and canadian bacon with a glass of V8.  I woke up with a cold this morning.  Thanks goodness I still have some Cold Snap left so started popping a couple of them right away and hope I can chase it away guickly. Of course I am out of kleenex.  Sniff, sniff.

   The thing about eating healthy and following a diet is I find it is expensive to eat well.  If I could I would eat all organic.  I would be hitting out organic meat market and farmers market and I should still be putting in a large garden like I used to.  I used to have a huge garden and chickens running around for fresh eggs.  My family is to blame for me not doing it anymore.  I planted the garden, weeded the garden,  picked the food from the garden and served it.  I gathered the eggs.  If I was at work no one else grapped something from the garden for the meal they were cooking.  I got tired of the waste as I didn't have the room in the old house for a freezer and no help. The food was so much better though.  We have a huge problem with deer and I could never get corn to grow because of the raccoons.  The rabbits love beet leaves so never could get any of those to mature either.  Squash, beans, peas, tomatoes, potatoes, sweet potatoes, lettuce, carrots, radishes, all the other wonderful things did great.  Maybe I will do it agan this year.  I think my husband would be more likely to use the garden and help then he did when he was working the entire time and his idea of a nutritious meal was fish and chips with cold slaw!

  Well, I had better get my breakfast made and start working on my water.  I have to pack up my granddaughters presents and get them sent out today also. 

   Later in the same day.  Right now I am hungry.  I miss my wholegrain cakes.  I guess I am not sure how much chicken or meat I am to be eating at a time.  2 cups vegetables is a whole lot of veggies.  I miss my fruit.  Whaaaa whaaaa.  Ok enough of that, had to get it out my system.

  I had an egg and 2 slices of canadian bacon plus 6 ounces of V8 for breakfast.  Snack was a low fat string cheese,  lunch, grilled chicken breast and lots of green beans.  Mid afternoon snack, 20 peanuts.  For supper I am making a chicken dish that is in the book, steaming cauliflower, and havng a large salad.  I am making steak fries for the guys.  I also made up some veggies egg cups and went shopping.  $100.00 and alot of the stuff they recommend we can't get in this town.  No laughing cow lite cheese spread, no low fat half and half, who can afford seafood?  I think my menu will be pretty boring.  I did however get a ton of chicken as they were having a sale.  How sick of chicken will I get.  I made some sugar free jello also.  I am set.  I am determined.

   I added up my total calories and it only adds up to 860!  That is way too low.  I must have done something wrong or not eaten enough.  I returned my book so I think I will have to get one.  The on line site is good and I thought I had it planned well.  No wonder I am sitting here very, very, very hungry.

No comments: