Saturday, April 28, 2007

2 more days left

                                   

   I worked on the ortho floor last night, I sure feel more comfortable with a nice old heart patient or 2 but their nurses feel the same way when they come to my floor.  It was pretty busy and went fast.  You give lots of pain meds on that floor.

    I woke up yesterday and Rick called about 5:30.  He is staying over at his moms while I sleep.  They brought a hospital bed and oxygen for my MIL.  Apparently she is having some trouble breathing now.  Her niece Judy is staying with her right now and when my MIL came down stairs she said, I am having trouble breathing!  Why her niece asked?  Because I'm dying my MIL says.  Now screeched Judy!  Scared her to death.  I told Betty to stop scaring her.

   So things are moving rapidly along.  Her blood pressure is good, but her heart is now acting up.  Still not eating.  Now me, well my IBS is going to town and I feel like I am getting an ulcer.  The good news is I have lost 5 pounds just like that.  It I can keep this up for a few months I might finally hit goal ,LOL.  Always look for the silver lining.  I do need to get some more immodium though.

   Well, my eyes are drooping bad.  Time to sleep so I can do it all over again.  Take care you all.  Thanks for all the comments and support..

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you Mil's breathing gets better but I know that is part of the package. Helen

Anonymous said...

Well Julie I hope the next few days pass quickly for you at work and that you get some time to settle yourself down again.  Sorry to hear about your IBS.   That cannot be kind to you at all, especially now with Betty declining so quickly. She is in my prayers.    That is not a good way to loose weight!  Keeping you all in my thoughts.   Jeanie

Anonymous said...

hope the 2 days go by fast:) LOL on your MIL at least she has her humor

Deb

Anonymous said...

Well, hon, you do have to admire your MIL's spunk, lol.  Hang in there and get some rest.  Hope the next 2 days go by fast.  De ;)

Anonymous said...

LOL...your MIL seems to still have a sense of humor...poor Judy.  Hope your stomach straightens out a bit, Julie.  LOL...it's nice to lose a few pounds but what a way to do it.  Chris

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a busy night at the hospital...and for you MIL...I am sure that floor has a lot of pain.  I also hear the pain you suffer in your heart, for you MIL...you are such a kind person...she knows this.  You've looked after her needs for so long.  My prayers go out to her, from my heart.  Hope you got some good sleep...enjoy your Sunday...many hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Definately sounds as if your running non-stop. I'm glad to hear your MIL's niece is looking after her some to help elevate some of the pressure off you and Rick. Looks as if your MIL hasn't lost her humor right along with her health. She seems to be deteriorating faster than even I thought. Keeping her and your family in my prayers on the smoke!! (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

Your poor MIL.....at least she can still find some humor in life. I'm glad you got a little help with her care, hope it eases some of your stress. I'm praying for you....

Pooh Hugs,
Linda~

Anonymous said...

Haven't heard from you in a day or two....everything going ok?     Poor Betty...and poor Judy.     Did Betty mean to scare Judy?    You almost have to laugh, don't you?   lol
~Meg
PS:  What's IBS?   Internal body sculpting?   Invisible bone stimulator?

Anonymous said...

Hi Julie...just popped back in to see how you are doing.  I hope you are well and Betty too of course. I haven't seen you around for a while.  Missing you.  Praying for Betty's comfort.    Jeanie