Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Scope

          

          Well we still don't know what's wrong.  The good news was her scopes were both fine.  I was worried about that I tell you.  Especially when she said she weighed 130 today and last week at the doctors she was 136.  Thats another 6 pounds making it a total of 15 since last month.    She's 5'9" so thats pretty thin. 

    Then I find out she fell twice Sunday and didn't tell me.  She was able to get up she said so its no big deal......What!  Scuse me Mom, but yes it is!  Time for that walker you keep refusing.   Time for that life line you keep refusing, time to really really think about moving in with us.

   I find out about the CAT scan tomorrow hopefully.  If that is normal I don't know what to think.  We see failure to thrive like syndromes in older people sometimes.  For who know what reason they just lose ground.  Many things may be a factor.  Isolation, depression, dementia.  Although we see her everyday there are still long hours where she is alone except for her cat.  So I guess we see whats next.  

   I got her home and made her lunch and she is going to nap.  I don't blame her.  They had us there at 6:30 but it was after 10 before they took her in for the tests.  Why so early then?  It was 2 before we got her home.   We are all tired.

    It is cold and having light snow flurries out.  Suppose to be in the 20's all week.   My poor plants.  My primroses are starting to flower and I did plant some bulbs last weekend.  I will have to cover them.  Sigh.  I want this to end.  Rain, well OK, for the flowers, but snow......Please.

  Well, I have some packing and housework to do.  Take it easy all and thanks so much for the well wishes.  I was sure hoping for some answers.

                             

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm surprised they didn't find ANYTHING!  Maybe that's good, though.  Scary about her falling twice. That's a nightmare waiting to happen.  You know what happens to them.
Good luck with her. I hope she moves in with you soon.
Pam

Anonymous said...

What a worry for you and your husband Julie!  I hope nothing is found on the Cat scan when you go tomorrow.  I pray for a good result for all of you.   Jeanie

Anonymous said...

That's great that they found nothing wrong with her. Maybe it's just her body is weak. You don't know if she is really eating good or not do you? Hoping the cat scan turns out ok also. Also hope she quits falling. Helen

Anonymous said...

i bet if you had her move in with you you would see a big difference:) maybe she is just lonely. hope you figure it out soon

Deb

Anonymous said...

I agree it sounds as if it's time for your MIL to live with someone. What if she had fallen and hit her head? I'm sorry the test don't seem to be coming up with any answers. I'm keeping everyone in my prayers on the smoke. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

Doesn't that just chap your hide when someone you are trying to care for falls and doesn't tell you?  My Mom does that all the time.  The only way I know she has fallen is either the bruise or the fact that she has ripped down the closet door again.  Of course, she is falling using her walker for the few steps to cross her room.  Glad everything shows clear from the scopes.

Greg

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you MIL's tests came back good but there must be something they're overlooking if she's lost that much weight so suddenly. It took a year for my friends small bowel infection to show up on a scan. By then she was 70lbs. I'd worry about the falling over too, lucky she didn't knock herself out. Jeannette xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/