Thursday, April 19, 2007

And I'm off!

  The first day of my long stretch off....always a occasion for celebration, LOL.  Came home and checked on the baby eagles.  Already they are bigger and more active.  Mom, or Dad, I can't tell the adults apart, was feeding them fish.  For the first time the wind has died down, looks like a beautiful day there.

   Work was very busy.  I seem to be having trouble controlling my temper lately.   Believe I am not much of one to have a temper.  The smallest things are driving me nuts.  Lights not getting answered fast enough, I always have hated that, but now it is really making me angry.  The.. it's not my patient attitude, is making me grit my teeth.  Since I worked on oncology for years I realize I am projecting my anger about my MIL on of all people the nurses.  I have had that anger projected at me in the past.  I realize I am doing it, but seem powerless at this point to stop.  At least I am not breaking out in tears which would be much worse, LOL.  Everyone is tiptoing around me.  Julie the Bear.  Fortunately my patients only see the professional me.  But watch out co-workers.

    Today we are going to my MIL lawyer as it turns out she doesn't quite have all her affairs in order.  Then I am going to fix her something to eat and I hope to take a bike ride this afternoon.  It is suppose to be nice.  Sunday if everything is OK I am going to an auction.  They look like they will have some pretty neat things.  I love auctions.

   My diet has been going well.  I have been sticking to around 1300 calories which  combined with how busy we have been at work should help.  For some reason it is easier now.  Maybe because the weather is finally warming up and things are blooming.  Salad time and bike riding.  I have also been getting my water in.

    I talked to my boss about how I plan on handling my MIL illness and missing work.  I will take a leave of absence when the time gets nearer.  I told her if it came to my MIL or my job my MIL would win.  She wishesthe hospital would have a more flexible policy.  The trouble is people would abuse it.  I worked management for 10 years in nursing service.  I know they would.  A few bad eggs have ruined it for us all.

   Well, time to sleep as I have to get up at noon.  Bye all.

 

          

Sand and Stone

TWO    FRIENDS    WERE    WALKING
THROUGH    THE    DESERT.
DURING    SOME    POINT    OF    THE
JOURNEY,    THEY    HAD     AN
ARGUMENT;    AND    ONE    FRIEND
SLAPPED    THE    OTHER    ONE
IN    THE     FACE.

 

 

THE    ONE    WHO    GOT    SLAPPED
WAS    HURT,    BUT    WITHOUT
SAYING    ANYTHING,
WROTE    IN    THE    SAND:

TODAY    MY    BEST    FRIEND

SLAPPED   ME    IN    THE    FACE.

THEY  KEPT    ON    WALKING,
UNTIL  THEY    FOUND     AN    OASIS,
WHERE    THEY    DECIDED
TO   TAKE    A     BATH

THE    ONE     WHO    HAD    BEEN
SLAPPED     GOT    STUCK    IN    THE
MIRE    AND    STARTED    DROWNING,
BUT    THE    FRIEND  SAVED    HIM.

AFTER    HE    RECOVERED    FROM
THE    NEAR    DROWNING,
HE    W ROTE    ON    A    STONE:

"TODAY    MY    BEST    FRIEND
SAVED    MY    LIFE  ".

THE    FRIEND    WHO    HAD    SLAPPED
AND    SAVED    HIS    BEST    FRIEND
ASKED    HIM,    "A FTER   I  HURT    YOU,
YOU    WROTE    IN    THE    SAND    AND    NOW,
YOU    WRITE    ON    A     STONE,    WHY?"

THE   FRIEND    REPLIED
"WHEN    SOMEONE    HURTS    US
WE    SHOULD     WRITE    IT    DOWN
IN    SAND,   WHERE    WINDS    OF
FORGIVENESS    CAN     ERASE    IT AWAY.
BUT,    WHEN  SOMEONE    DOES
SOMETHING    GOOD    FOR    US,
WE    MUST    ENGRAVE    IT   IN   STONE
WHERE    NO    WIND
CAN    EVER    ERASE    IT."

LEARN    TO     WRITE
YOUR    HURTS    IN
THE    SAND    AND    TO
CARVE    YOUR
BENEFITS    IN    STONE.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you can get your MIL's business taken care of today. I have been keeping an eye on the eagles but haven't checked this morning. Hope you get your bike ride in this evening. Enjoy your weekend off as much as possible. Helen

Anonymous said...

Leave policies for caregiving (or lack thereof) forced me into self employment years ago. This is and will become a growing factor for so many. It seems corporate America chooses to keep it's head stuck in the sand.
Patrick    

Anonymous said...

Your anger is understandable your under a lot of stress lately. Sometimes it's impossible to to rein the anger in when we need to vent and let it go somewhere. Your co-workers know of your situation they will understand and hopefully keep on top of things in work. I loved the poem at the end of this post hon!! Wise words indeed. Keeping everyone in my prayers on the smoke! (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

you can't use the federal leave thing? just wondering

Deb

Anonymous said...

I have a feeling your job will be intact.... you are a great nurse and a wonderful person.    Even if this job went away, you'd have an even better one within the week.
~Meg

Anonymous said...

Julie,
Don't be so hard on yourself.....your anger is very understandable given what you are dealing with. I have a feeling though then it seems worse to you than it really is.....that's because you are such a caring person. I'm praying for MIL....bless her heart. Enjoy your auction.

Pooh Hugs,
Linda