Friday, April 13, 2007

Good Morning J-land

                                                

  I just got up and slept great.  Work last night was really nice.  Went fast,

had delightful patients and no stresses. 

 So I am sitting here drinking my coffee and feeling good. 

Even had a sale today which makes me happy. 

So far it has been a slow month at the shop.

                      

        Once again Momma Robin is making a nest on the wreath

on my porch.  I though she was using the nest she make

last year, but turns out she is making a brand new one.     

I put a sign up for people to use the back door as she

is sitting right at head level. 

     Last year she pulled most of the dried grass out

and used it as a nest and the deer ate all the indian corn

 it was decorated with.  Now it is just a big bird house.

  I had put a fake cardinal in the nest she made last year, but

 she evicted it and it sits on the ground.   Below it turns

out the Robin I took pictures of the other day is her mate.

  I guess its hard work watching her build that nest. 

That was why he was resting, LOL

                

     One day down and 3 more to go.   We have some relatives from

Neb. visiting and staying with my MIL which is great. 

I don't have to worry why I am at work. 

She just retired and looks wonderful.  I can't wait for

 the day in the far distant future.

    Well, its off to get ready for the day.  Quick shower to wash away the last of the sleep from my eyes. 

Have a great weekend all.

                                         

  

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice that you have relatives to stay with MIL. Gives you a much needed break!  Have a good night at work!
Pam

Anonymous said...

When do we get to see a picture of Momma Robin on her nest?
Glad you are having some help with your MIL. Helen

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you have had a chance to waken up with a happy smile on your face.  Glad too that relatives have taken over looking after your MIL for a day or so..   That must be such a weight off your shoulders Julie!  
Your little Robin is looking healthy.  I'm looking forward tomore pictures of the coming event...Have a lovely day today.
Jeanie

Anonymous said...

I think it's adorable the robin chose to nest their again. I had a finch that built a nest in a hanging plant I had on my side porch. Half of the time we wouldn't use the porch for fear of scaring her off. Then we realized she was used to us as long as we where relatively quiet she didn't mind us there. After the eggs hatched I would look in the plant every day to see the progress of the chicks. (I knew enough not to mess with them). It was a wonderful experience. As a matter of fact the last time I checked on the nest, the chicks took off in flight right in front of me.
Alas the mess that was left in my plant left it, let's just say it wasn't coming in after the summer. Glad to hear you will have a small break from your MIL with the visiting neighbors. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

get some pics of the nest, I'd like to see that.   I like birds.
~Meg

Anonymous said...

How sweet that the robin chose that nest again.  I have a huge brass light outside my familyroom door that a robin has a nest in.  She didn't come back last year :(  Glad you have relatives with your MIL.  You need a break.  Which food do you feed your Zoe?  Chris

Anonymous said...

Oh you have pet Robins.  We have pet birds too.  "Mama Bird" made it back and is using her nest from last summer.  We have a new neighbor in our porch light, so we have to be careful when walking under.  I love it!  Ahhhhh Spring!  De ;)