Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Hi everyone

 

STATES MAP - Short But Good!

A father wanted to read a magazine, but was being bothered
by his little girl, Shelby. She wanted to know what the United States looked like.

Finally, he tore a sheet out of his new magazine on which was
printed a map of the country. Tearing it into small pieces, he
gave it to Shelby and said, "Go into the other room and see if
you can put this together. This will show you our whole country today."

After a few minutes, Shelby returned and handed him the map,
correctly fitted and taped together. The father was surprised and asked how she had finished so quickly. "Oh ," she said, "on the other side of the paper is a picture of Jesus. When I got all of Jesus back where He belonged, then our country just came together."

        I thought that was cute so decided to share.  It is raining cats and dogs outside right now. 

 Yesterday was so beautiful.  I was getting the bikes ready for a ride and my MIL called that she had fallen and cut her eye.  I rushed over there and she had a small cut next to her eye.  Checking her blood pressure I noticed that her sitting and standing pressure was very different.  When she stood her pressure went way down.  No wonder she gets black spots in front of her eyes when she stands.  So called the doc and had her blood pressure meds changed.  I also got her walker out and told her to start using it.  No buts.  We shall see.

   I haven't been around much because we have been over there but I will get to everyones journals eventually.  I have been trying to research the flow blue I got.  I didn't realize it was going to be this difficult so I will be going to the library soon to try and find pattern names.  I should stick with pottery.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope your MIl soon gets to feeling better since the B/P meds were changed. Helen

Anonymous said...

I'm glad she didn't get hurt any worse. Hope the new meds work better for her.
Pam

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about you MIL falling. Hope the BP meds make a difference. It's been raining here as well on and off. (Hugs) Keeping everyone in my prayers on the smoke! Indigo

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry your MIL fell Julie, and I'm so glad she is okay.....hope the change in meds fixes the problem. Hope you get to enjoy your bike :)

Pooh Hugs,
Linda~

Anonymous said...

Oh, my...hope your MIL is okay...she is so lucky to have you checking and looking after her.  Hope her eye is better now...many hugs,
Joyce