Monday, August 22, 2005

Water Retention

   I got through my 4 day stretch.  What a long weekend. 

   I woke up this afternoon feeling buffy and bloated.  The bad thing I will have to change about working my stretch, is bringing pre-packaged meals.  I usually bring lean Gourmet something, but the sodium is so high on them and almost all of the easy meals.  I had turkey & Vegetables yesterday (Whine of the day...... There were 2 small walnut sized processed terrible tasting white things in it they call turkey....well never buy again) salad, celery and a fruit cup.  For supper my husband made some sausages, high in sodium, and yesterday we had a box meal that was horribly high in sodium.  Today I have pitting edema in my legs and my hands feel swollen.  I hate to step on the scale to see what I weigh.  The things is I averaged around 1100 calories, but my sodium on one day was 3395 mg.  That is huge.  I am going to have to take some of my lasix, but I have to find the time because I can't go far from my restroom.  I quess I will either have to cook stuff all week to bring to work with me on my stretch or spend more money for better dinners.  My husband did so good looking at the calorie and fat content in food, but didn't look at all at the sodium so we are going to start watching that also since I have such a problem with it.  I have gotten bad enough I had trouble breathing before.

No comments: