Sunday, August 14, 2005

Bike ride

   I talked my husband into going for a ride.  I was afraid I wouldn't be able to go far because it has been around 5 years since I rode it.  We went to the river trail which is only 2 miles up and 2 miles back.  It is pretty and starting to smell like dead leaves, heavy and cinnamony.  I had a blast.  It felt great to be riding and thanks to the exercising I have been doing, was really easy.  My seat on the bike was brutal to my behind though, so I will need to get another one.  When we got back to the van we rode through some sprinklers which felt great.  What a blast.  We weren't finished riding yet so then we loaded up the bikes and drove across town to the longer bike path.  All in all we did 11 miles much to my surprise.  I don't even think I will be sore in the morning.  My left hand was dead half the time due to this darn carpel tunnel but the breeze in my face and hair felt heavenly.

  Then we had a lovely steak dinner with sweet potatoes and some green beans I had in the slow cooker.  The only bummer was the low fat blue cheese dressing,  Ick.  Its not Jimmy's thats for sure.

No comments: