Sunday, August 28, 2005

Beautiful Weather

  I am going to take the dog for a walk shortly.  She is laying at my feet giving me those eyes!  She is really good at that.  No bike ride today.  My husbands back and shoulder is out exactly like mine was.  The pain sounds the same.  Now he understands what I go through so often.  He appologized for giving me a bad time about cutting down on my exercising while the pain was so acute.  I told him that sometimes extreme pain is your bodies way of telling you to lay low for awhile.  I do feel sorry for him though.  I am used to having pain but he isn't, and I know if your don't develope ways to cope it can be twice as bad.   After the walk I will practice my yoga and tai chi again.  I am new at it so it will take awhile to get a pattern down.  I sure wish we had classes on it in this town at times I could go to.  Thats what I get for working such weird hours.  They should have something for the night workers around here.   I wouldn't mind working out on my days off at midnight or later and I know my son would love it.

  I had a wonderful dinner yesterday.  One of the ladies on the board suggested to kick start my weight loss, try to change my pattern around.  I usually drink a shake in the morning because I am not much of a a morning eater and I can usually choke down a shake.  I have been trying that with cereal and I had oatmeal the other morning.  This morning I had special K and I had a shake for lunch.  Just not ever very hungry in the morning.  The hunger for me starts around 3 on my days off.  My husband did tell me I would feel more like I had lost weight if I got some clothes that fit me.  Mine are pretty baggy right now.  I don't want to spend money on clothes yet because I am close I think to going down another size.  I can fit in some 18's and think I will be fitting in more shortly.  My blue jeans fit will now and although I have gotten so I like the comfort of pants without zippers I agree with the post that it is good to wear them so you can feel your loss better.  I also have an appointment to see about a breast reduction.  I think that will help with some of my shoulder pain and back pain.  My back doctor suggested it years ago but I sure get tiredof having surgery.  I never lose from that area so see no help in the future when I get more weight off.  It sure would be easier finding a swimming suit if I was smaller on top.

  There is a great chicken recipe on the 100+ board that I am going to make for supper tonight. 

No comments: