Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Feel The Pain

   It started last night and steadily got worse and worse.  Pain, Pain, Pain!    My upper back is killing me.  I have 2 discs that are bulging between my shoulder blades and somehow I must have aggrevated them while I was working out or working.  I had a heavy patient I had to pull up in bed about 10 times.  It burns and feels like I have a orange size swelling between my shoulder blades, but my husband says it isn't swollen.  I hate this because pain really gets me off my exercise program.  I have an appointment tomorrow to get my shoulder injected, but at the moment the pain in my back is worse.  Could the water aerobics for arthritis patients have gotten me in this shape, or is it just a flare up?  Also I am sitting at a solid 218 today.  This is after 2 days of lasix to get the excess fluid off.  My legs look much better today.   Only my ankles are swollen now.  Anyway another set back.  I think it might have been because I didn't have time to exercise during my 4 day stretch and then did double class on Monday.  I did do my stretching exercises all weekend, but that must not be enough.  However this is the first time I have had pain this severe in my back since I have been exercising so maybe it has nothing to do with it.  May the discs finally ruptured?  Anyway, enough of that.  I called into work and am sitting around on pain medication feeling foggy and sluggish.  Hope this passes soon.  Whine for the day!  Heck this whole entry is a whine for the day.  What a wimp am I!

Just got back from reading the 100+ board and meditating.  I focused my meditation on relaxation and on parts that didn't hurt.  For 15 blessed minutes the pain was not the formost thing on my mind.  Then I go to read the boards and get some giggles, always good for the soul.  Now to soak in a hot tub and read a good book.  Tim Dorsey is always a good read.

No comments: