Friday, August 12, 2005

Carbs

  I don't really do the carb thing, I have better luck counting my calories and limiting my fats but here is some interesting facts on carbs.

 

Your Carbohydrate Requirements

You need about 50 - 60% of your total daily calories from carbohydrate. To calculate the approximate recommended grams of carbohydrate, multiply your total daily calories by 50%, then divide by 4 (4 calories per gram of carbohydrate). The result is the minimum number of grams of carbohydrate that you should consume daily.
For example, 2000 calories x 50% = 1000 calories; 1000/4 = 250 grams of carbohydrate.

So it looks like some carbs are good and some are not.  If your on www.fitday.com you can keep track of all these.  I do it on www.slimfast.com because I started out on the slim fast plan and still do the shakes most mornings.

No comments: