Friday, August 12, 2005

Supper Woes

   Eating healthy is expensive and it also seems to take more thought then just throwing something together for dinner. 

  Since I had class all night and then slept until 2, I have nothing planned for dinner and little in the house.  I have some chicken breasts, wild rice and salad fixings which could be turned into something yummy, but I am tired.  Oh to be wealthy and have a cook to fix me nutritious meals so no thought would have to go into it.  Now if it was just me I would open a pack of salmon, dump in on my salad and be just fine eating only that.  I am a boring eater and could eat the same thing everyday rather then try and be creative.  I save that for other parts of my life.  Also, I  have a very thin son who really needs more calories for his very active lifestyle then he gets on my meal plans.  Where I need about 1200 to 1500 calories a day, he needs about 2500 to 3000 a day to get him through his 10 hour work days and 40 mile bike rides.  My husband is basically thin with a middle age spread.  He lost 10 pounds without blinking when I started to cook healthy and that is with his candy, rolls, peanuts and all the other snacking he does.  What I usually do is fix some sweet potatoes or regular potatoes my son can eat and make him a larger portion.  I am trying to instill some nutritious eating habits in both of them.  Fruits, veggies, and they are doing good.

  Anyway this isn't getting dinner cooked and time goes on.  Can Everyone say, go out to eat?   The picture above is my darling granddaughter who is coming for a visit in September.  She is so cute.  She said, you don't have to diet gramma, I like you fat!  From the mouths of babes!

No comments: