Friday, August 26, 2005

Looking at my eating patterns

   I think one of the reasons my weight has stopped dropping is I am snacking.  Granted I am snacking for the most part healthy things, but still snacking and telling myself its OK because its low fat.  After supper on my days off I always feel like I need to have a snack and I ate way to much popcorn last night.  To many special k bars, to many celery with peanut butter sticks, to much everything except water which I have been real bad at for the last 2 days.  Add that to not enough exercise because of my back and its adds up to no weight loss.  This is the point where I have fallen off my plan in the past.  The first 20 pounds just melts off, water, then the rest takes forever.  I really don't understand why it isn't coming off.  I have been journaling my food and have only twice gone over 2000 calories in the 2 1/2 months I have been doing this.  Most days I average about 1300.  I should try and remember what I would have eaten once and see how many calories I used to consume.  My husband used to make me 3 to 4 peices of french toast and we had sausage with that.  I would have 3 pieces of pizza. 8 ounce steaks.  Potatoes loaded with cheese.  2 taco's.   Not all in one day of course but I always ate to much at a sitting.  I never was into fast food so that hasn't been a problem and don't have the sweet tooth my husband has, but could put away quite a few brownies when I made them.  Now the way I eat is so much healthier, why isn't the weight coming off?  I am exercising also, except for the last couple of days.  I am really getting frustrated.  Maybe I shouldn't have given up on the lap band so fast.  I just don't want to have some  drastic surgery.  One of the girls at work had a gastric bypass and has lost about 45 pounds in the same amount of time it has taken me to lose 25.  Without exercising!  I like exercising though.  Oh Well.  Don't fall into this trap Julie.  You gave yourself a year, use it,  How's that for a pep talk.

Whine of the day!  Slow weight loss

No comments: