Friday, March 31, 2006

Stew tonight

                                               

                           See this is why I do that exercise in the water!

 I woke up today to the smell of stew, yummy.  My husband is making some and it smells wonderful.  I love food cooked in the crock pot.  I slept from 8 to 3 so feel pretty rested.  A nice warm shower and I will feel ready for another long 12 hours at work.  I think I will probably get pulled tonight as the census is low on my floor unless we admit alot today.  I also have to wrap a water jug I sold.

   I have been coughing like a smoker every since water aerobics yesterday.  My ear hurts.  This is so upsetting to me because if you have read this journal very long you know I love my water aerobics and am upset that the chlorine has been bothering me so much lately.  Maybe I will only be able to do it on the warm days when they have the roof open.  I seem to have developed a sensitivity to it.  No exercising today and I won't make it to the gym until Monday.  Tuesday I have a doctors appointment so can't do water aerobics  that day either.  I will do my floor workout and do as suggested.  Arms one day, legs the next.  I know they do that in the boot camp classes but since I am never sure what days I will make it I was afraid I wouldn't get a all around workout if I skip something.  We do have the ball there for ab work.  It has been along time since I have used one.  After I broke my back and had surgery I used one in rehab.  I think I still have my ball stored around here somewhere, so could use it here until I get the hang of it. 

  Man, you want to pack on the pounds if you're prone to it, just break your back and have major surgery and be laid up for a long time.  I really packed on some pounds during that period ( which never left).  I have a tendency to eat when bored and I was bored silly during that period.  I also gained alot after I quit smoking and went into menopause.  I swear  I can read a good recipe and put on 3 pounds.

   Work was just ducky last night.  I had to train someone and was charge so I feel like I shorted both jobs as I was pulled in to many directions.  I prefer to go to work, do my job and go home.  I don't mind orienting the new nurses though as I remember how it was when I started 26 years ago.  You were basically thrown to the wolves back then.  Sink or swim.  It is much better these days and safer.

    I am still blowing it.  I do good and eat my healthy meals and did great at work last night because I was way to busy to eat bad but I had an oatmeal cookie as soon as I woke up with my breakfast.  I know I have said this before and keep putting it off but I need to join a group here where I can weigh in.  The ladies at work who joined WW are doing great but after my SB crash I am afraid to do that.  I still think TOPS or OA might be the way to go and in my income level.  It is shear laziness that has kept me from doing it so far, well I have been really busy with the sale also.  I will look into it Monday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wonder if wearing a gas mask in your H2O aerobics class would help?  Not help with the chlorine...but it would scare enough other people that they would complain about the chlorine with you and maybe the gym would then use one of those other chemicals!!  =)  I have this vision of you doing water exercises with a gas mask on!  Very funny!

Have you looked into starting a WL group at work?  Where I used to work, they had a WW meeting there because enough people were interested in it.  The company also had everyone stay on the clock through the meeting because healthier workers cost the company less money.  I don't know much about TOPS but maybe something like that would work, too?

{{{HUGS}}}
Danielle