Thursday, March 30, 2006

Work Week

  Tonight I start my long stretch and I am so sore.  I went to water aerobics again today, but after yesterdays workout I was pretty sore.  I thought I might loosen up but I am even stiffer.  One of the machines upstairs you lie down on your stomach and hook your leg under the pad and then lift the weights that way.  It is for your buttock and my buttocks are sore today. Yikes.  Everything is sore but my abdomen.  I don't seem to find anything that really works my abs where my biggest problem is.  There is an ab crunch machine upstairs that I am embarrassed to say I can't get to work even with no weights on it and you don't want to look that wussy in the free weight room with all the hard bodies standing around flexing.  I do have my pride!  Anyway so I start my week with a sore and tired body.

   Last night we watched Red Dawn.  I haven't watched it for years and years but Lars Larson's dad was in it and we wanted to see what he looked like.  Boy that movie, while the acting was poor, really was alot more disturbing these days then it was when it first came out.  When it first came out you didn't believe the USA would ever be invaded.  Now it is a worry.

   We are having pizza tonight.  Not diet wise but I am sick of cooking and just want a quick meal and off to work.  I have to be charge tonight so I hope it is quiet.  A pretty wild storm just rolled through, definitely a spring storm and I hope it is done before work.  If we get a tornado warning we have to bring all the patients out in the halls, lots of work.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,  Good going with the weight machines and you have to give your muscles 1 day of rest in between workouts.  Thats why you should work out arms one day and the next legs...etc.  Your muscles need a chance to heal.  I also know exactly what you mean, about feeling like a dork.... going to the gym and not knowing what the heck you are suppose to do with the machines makes me look as stupid as I feel.  Especially lately... there seems to be so many more people at the gym..  I guess they're getting ready for the warm weather.

ok I have been rambling...now for the reason I am writing....  Your abs.  Have you tried working out with one of those balls.  You know the kind you sit on and work your abs.  It really makes my abs hurt.  You are able to streach way back on  the ball or do small crunches.  Learn how to get your balance first or you will be sliding right off that thing and really make a fool of yourself.  Keep your feet wide apart and put you hands behind you head and do those crunches.  Hope that helps.  
Christina    
http://journals.aol.com/ecco69/MylifeastheRotatingDeskOrganizer/


Anonymous said...

Hi Julie-just stopping by your journal and wanted to say hi.. and oh yea, even though I am near my goal, I am just like you. NOT a DAY goes by, that I am not thinking about food, my weight, what the scale said that morning, what I have/haven't eaten/if my pants feel tighter/EVERY day. I wish I could stop...but I guess that's not likely. I go massive amounts of exercise to compensate for my Wheat THins & Grape-nuts binges..lol
Melissa
http://journals.aol.com/newsworthy822/MelissasMotivation/    

Anonymous said...

Coming by to say hi & wish you a nice weekend. Have the pizza & enjoy, have to splurge now & then!
Hugs,
SUGAR

Anonymous said...

How are your feet?  If they don't give you pain, trying going walking taking giant strides.  You will be forced to twist your upper body to maintain balance and this will work your obliques.  Short of using a machine of some sort, I don't have any suggestions for working your "six-pack" but maybe by strengthening your obliques you will be able to work that ab machine at the gym.

Oh, yum!!!  I'll bet you enjoyed every bite of that pizza!!!  I hope you savored a bite for me.  =)

{{{HUGS}}}
Danielle