Thursday, March 23, 2006

Yah, I'm off


As long as there is a lack of the inner discipline that brings calmness of mind, no matter what external facilities or conditions you have, they will never give you the feeling of joy and happiness that you are seeking. On the other hand, if you possess this inner quality of calmness of mind, a degree of stability within, then even if you lack various external facilities that you would normally consider necessary for happiness, it is still possible to live a happy and joyful life.

-His Holiness the Dalai Lama

                                             

Finally my long awaited week off it here.  I slept for 3 hours and am now trying to convince my tired body that a couple of hours at the gym is just what the doctor ordered.  Maybe one more cup of coffee will convince me.    

   My eating plan wasn't the best last night.  I just did terrible.  A little of this, a little of that.  I ate my planned meal and then had a sandwich later plus some custard and then some cherrio's.  I think I added up about 1000 calories give or take 20 to 40.  That leaves me only about 500 to 600 for supper.

    This week is going to be quiet.  I am going to see if there is a local tops or over eaters Anonymous that I can join.  Something where I have to go and weigh in and be accountable.  The only bad thing was years ago I was in one and all they did was sit around and talk about how they can't lose weight and then spent the rest of the meeting swapping recipes.  I want motivation on how we can lose weight.  So I might have to surf around to find a group right for me.  It would be nice to find a group about my age also as it really is harder to lose weight at my age then it would have been 30 years ago.

    Well, I am going to get ready to go do the gym thing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Making my weekly trip through J-Land, stopping to say hi.
You're doing fine! :)
Have a good wkend! ;0)
Blessings,
SUGAR
http://journals.aol.com/sugarsweet056/SUGARSLIFE/
http://journals.aol.com/sugarsweet056/PRAYING4U/
http://journals.aol.com/sugarsweet056/MYBELOVEDFURRBABIES/

Anonymous said...

Julie, you made me giggle describing the WL group you were in once before.  Sounds like those women just wanted an excuse to get out of the house and be social!  What a bummer for the people who really wanted to be there for support!  I'll bet that they weren't all lower fat and lower cal recipes that everyone was exchanging, either!

{{{HUGS}}}
Danielle