Saturday, March 4, 2006

Wonderful Saturday

 As a tree with strong uninjured roots, though cut down, grows up again, so, when deep craving is not rooted out, suffering arises again and again.

-Dhammapada

 This is my 3rd day at work tonight and it is going well.  I am eating on plan and right now Rick has a pot of chili cooking on the stove that smells heavenly!  I woke up HUNGRY.   I decide to check the email and see if I had anymore sells, I did, and update this.  Then I am going to listen to the hypnoses tape.  For anyone wondering if these work I will let you know.  I am having an easier time again staying on my plan but who knows if the tape has anything to do with it.  It is so much like meditation that I like sitting there and listening to them.  They help me stay focused and maybe that is what it is designed to do.  Anyway I probably won't know for sure.

   The weather is cool again but spring is around the corner.  I am excited and starting to get that itch to plant things.  I might put in a garden this year.  I used to always have a huge garden but got mad that I was the only one weeding and picking the stuff and preparing it.  Everyone liked it but not the effort it took to get all those lovely veggies.  I sound like the little red hen.  Anyway, I miss the good organic veggies.  I miss my chickens and fresh eggs also.  Maybe I have let my life get to simple.

    I am not going to weight in until Wed.  I think it will be a good weigh in though.  Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend.  I sure was hoping to get tonight off so I could go to this auction tomorrow but I haven't any extra money to spend anyway.  Sigh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear work is going well! Staying on your plan, excellent!!! Good for you! ;0)
Maybe you could do a sml garden this spring? I'd love too, but I live with son & family, they have plenty of rm but just don't want me to. Can't get around well anyway, don't want to fall out there.
Hugs to you,
SUGAR

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you haven't had any problems staying on your plan now that you're back working at night.  That's really great news, Julie!  

I hear you about being the only one doing the work but everyone enjoying the fruits of your labor with your garden!  It's become like that with my very carefully measured and weighed individually frozen portions of meat in the freezer.  I spend hours portioning that stuff out for ME!  No reason I should be the only one doing it if I'm not the only one eating the food!  Same thing with your garden.  =)  Get Rick out there with some gloves to weed!  =)

{{HUGS}}
Danielle