Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Tuesday at the gym

   Went to the gym today and was starting to get a pretty good workout and then one of the ladies in my water aerobics class wanted to know how to use the machines.  I was showing her when I noticed my husband looked pretty awful and after checking his pulse could tell he was back in uncontrolled artrial fib.  Since he kept feeling like he might pass out I drove us home and he took his medicine and laid down.  So I didn't get to do my whole workout.  I will do water aerobics tomorrow. 

  I got my SB cookbook today so that is wonderful.  Tomorrow I will plan meals for the week I work.  I tried a fresh papaya today.  Not really very thrilling.  I like it in the tropical fruit mix I get but there are so many fruit there isn't much fruit you get to eat.  I had my usual cereal for breakfast and a large salad with tuna for lunch.    I have been feeling like I have gained weight but if I have it isn't showing up yet.  My ankles are swollen though so I must be retaining fluid.  I might have to take a lasix tomorrow.  I hate to as it really keeps me close to home.

   I spent the rest of the day listing things in the store and waiting to see if Rick is going to feel better or if we are going to go to the hospital.  His blood pressure is better but he is still in fib.  Makes me nervous.  Last time he spent the night in the hospital they charged us 9600.00 for a overnight stay!  Yikes.  That time my insurance covered everything but it isn't near that good now.  Now we have so much out of pocket we try to take care of everything at home and only go to the doctors or hospital if we are near death.

No comments: