Thursday, March 9, 2006

Glorious Day Off

   Finally a day off.  They have already called me and asked me to work tonight but I am not gonna do it.  I need a day off.

   Wonders of wonders I have finally won a south beach quick and easy cookbook.  My eating has been hit and miss all week.  When I work I am too tired to do anything more then eat what Rick makes.  He makes what he wants and it isn't always SB friendly or for that matter, any diet friendly but he is trying.  FF this and FF this, low fat this and that.  Whole wheat noodles.  For someone who doesn't work though he sure doesn't like to spend alot of time in meal planning.  Things have sure changed from when I didn't work 100 years ago for nine months. 

   Right now I am drinking a beer.  Gives me a legitimate excuse for not working tonight and I really think it tastes wonderful right now.  Heck with the calories.  I am making beef fajitas for supper and refried black beans with reduced fat Cheddar cheese. 

   I am getting up early tomorrow and doing water aerobics.  Since I am off I want to see if it was a fluke that I got sick.  I will only do an hour and then work out on the weight machines for an hour.  Should be a good workout.  The weather is wonderful today and if I don't have to help this man start up an ebay business tonight I might get my bike out.

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on winning the SB cookbook!  It's really great.  They have wonderful recipes in there.  The pictures also look fantastic.  Maybe Rick will get interested in the recipes and be more willing to make things that are better for you.

Yum!  Fajitas sound great!  I'm marinating some top round steaks right now in a new marinade recipe I'm trying out.  I LOVE fajitas!  Hard to limit myself to just one measly whole wheat tortilla, though!  

I hope that water aerobics goes well!  Do you wear water aerobics shoes?  I have a great pair of Ryka Aqua sneaks that are awesome in the pool.  My knee never bothers me at all after a workout when I use these.

{{HUGS}}
Danielle