Monday, March 20, 2006

Super Great Workout

   I finally made it to the gym and had a great workout.   I did 30 minutes on the treadmill doing the hill settings.  Really worked up a sweat.  Then I did most of my weight machines but decided since my shoulder is feeling better to not do some that I know cause strain there.  After that I walked a mile on the upstairs track and then did some more weight machines up there.  Good workout. I feel good.  I have also been eating on plan and liking it.  Even got my water in.   I am having chicken fajitas for supper and last night I had lean cruisine meatloaf and a large salad.

   We decided to go rent the movie, Walk the Line and the weather was much worse then expected.  Wet slippery snow and even with our all wheel drive we were sliding all over.  There are going to be some wreaks tonight I can tell.  I worry about my son driving 30 miles to work but he justs laughs at me.  A mother can't help but worry.

  Tomorrow I have a long day.  Doctors at 9:45, 3 hour class, 12 hour shift at work and I have to be the charge nurse.  Won't be able to get to the gym until Thursday now.  Drag.  I have plenty of low fat and healthy things to eat but not enough lettuce.  I hope the roads are better before my appointment as it is around 10 miles away also.

   Well, I am off to make supper and get into my slugging clothes for a night in front of the TV to watch the movie.  It is rare for me to sit in front of a tv since we only have it connected to our dvd, no stations. People keep asking me how I can live without TV.  I ask them how they can stand it.  They will have to get rid of the commercials and make the programs less idiotic before I ever get a tv.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WTG on the fantastic work out the day of this entry, Julie!  Congratulations!  That's great that you'd been eating on plan and enjoying it that way!  Woo-hoo on the water!

I haven't seen Walk the Line yet.  I hope you liked it!

Kids always think they are invincible in cars.  I certainly do.  When I leave my parents house after midnight to drive 90 miles home I tend to think my Mom is being over-protective when she asks me to call when I get home.  But I do anyway...

I hate commercials.  I tape everything that I enjoy watching and fast forward through the commercials.  We're getting TiVo next week and I'll be able to watch the programs I enjoy straight through without fast-forwarding through anything.

{{{HUGS}}}
Danielle