Friday, March 17, 2006

Computer problems

  Yesterday my computer screwed up.  It kicked us off everytime we got logged on.  I was sick yesterday so dealing with a tricky computer problem was not my idea of fun.  I called AOL tech support and what a horrible nightmare that was.  I started at 9 am and finally around 2:45 I got a human to talk to.  The computerized voice kept telling me I could go on-line for help, works great if you can get on-line.  They would keep you on hold for 40 minutes with this torturous music playing and then someone would come on and ask what is the problem, you would tell them, they would switch you to another tech support line which would tell tell you everyone was busy and to try back later after you had just spent the last 45 minutes on the phone.  Every once in awhile a computer voice would come on telling you want great tech support AOL had.  Made me want to scream.  I almost dropped AOL after that I tell you.  What a joke, tech support.  Anyway I ended up having to get rid of my virus protection which is where the problem was and getting another.  On top of that I was feeling really crappy and ended up getting sick.  Really makes me mad because I have been off work for 6 days and I get sick the day I am suppose to go back to work.  I still feel crappy today but am hoping I feel better as the day goes by.

    I am down a couple of pounds but it is probably temporary because of being sick. I got the south beach cook book but am sad to see they make alot of things I won't be able to get around here or afford for that matter.  If I keep missing work I won't be able to afford anything.  I was just bragging the other day how everyone at work had been sick and I didn't catch it and then boom, less then 4 hours after I uttered those words I got sick.  That will teach me to keep my mouth shut.  I am eating light today as my stomach is still not right.  I will go to work tonight even if I don't feel better.  I have to have a fairly decent paycheck and start getting these bills paid.  Sometimes the pressure of being the sole bread winner really gets to me.

No comments: