Thursday, July 31, 2008

Days off Just fly By



          Of course I have noticed the older I get the faster all the days go by.  Why the hurry?  I am in no hurry to be 6 feet under.

          Work tonight.  It won't be bad.  I missed a couple of days so I need to make me some money.  Since I got a raise it's not bad money either for Iowa.



        The good news is my toe is much better.  As long as I don't whack it on something it is so numb it doesn't bother me much.  An occasional sharp painful stab but much better.   I still can't wear normal shoes though.  At the concert the other day I was a paranoid mess that someone would step of my foot and put me back a week but I was careful and am wearing shoes all the time. 

       Ricks back is better.  We are slowly healing.  Our vacation is in 3 weeks.  I am  not ready for the riding, but will do the best I can. Rick was doing 27 miles with hills before he hurt his back so he is ready.  The worse thing that could happen is we will suffer and die, LOL.   But I will have some great pictures.



      It is close enough I have to start making my list and checking it twice.  Extra rechargeable batteries,  laptop with  cord to download my pictures on each night so I have room for all the great shots I will take on my camera's memory.  We are getting the hitch on the van next week.  Have to get the bikes in to get worked on and extra bike tubes.  Make sure we have plenty of food for the critters.   Extra minutes for the tracphone, etc...   I am getting so excited.

       We still haven't heard from BIL about paying me back my $400.   He was calling 3 times a day when he wanted the money.  If he doesn't call by next week we are selling his half of the coin collection which will pay me back.  One way or another by golly.  Plus if I really wanted to be mean, which I don't I could threaten to let his x wife know he has come into a lot of money.  Personally I think she should know.  I know he owes back child support.  Selfishly though if he loses the money he will be back bugging us and I don't want that.



         It has been very hot and muggy.  I have the house shut up and all 3 bedroom air conditioners going.  The house has actually been cool.  We will see what that does to our bills.

      I talked to my grandchildren today.  It is so hard to be a long distance grandparent.  When you are with the conversation just flows.  Talk talk talk.   Trying to have a good talk on the phone though especially with the 4 year old.   How are you today?....good What have you been up to?   Nothing.   What are doing right now?    Playing.  Like pulling teeth.  Plus they are hard to understand on the phone.  I must be also as they keep saying what?   Sigh.  I would rather have them close and be hugging them.

     Well I have to get ready to go shopping.   Need my meals for work and am making brownies for work.  I am using a recipe I got from one of the journals comments.   You take hines devil food cake mix and a can of pumpkin pie filling.  Mix the 2 and cook per directions.  You don't use any of the other ingredients on the cake mix.  Low fat brownies.  I haven't made them before but they said they are very moist.  I will let you know why they turn out.

      Well, time to run.  Må jeres liv være velsigne.


13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Weather is like that here, no sun but the humidity is awful and we do not have AC, just all the doors and windows open and keep spraying myself with cool water. Glad your toe is so much better

Anonymous said...

hope work goes well:) and i hope you enjoy your vacation

Deb

Anonymous said...

Talk about hot...picture us down here in the aftermath of Hurricane Dolly, way down in South TX.  Luckily she skirted us by hitting 40 miles north of us which spared us tremendously, but many poor people still have 3' of mud, muck and sewer in their homes.  The mosquitos are like horseflies!  Taking a drive down to South Padre Island in a couple of hours to cool off - lots of damage there in that island, will take my camera to capture some shots.

I know what you mean about the phone conversations with kids.  I can understand my 3 1/2 y.o. grandson completely when we are at home, but it's very hard to understand him on the phone.

3 wks till vacation time...ahhhh, ENJOY!

Estela in blistering hot South TX.

Anonymous said...

Well, if your experience on the phone with your 4 year old is anything like mine, you won't understand 3/4 of what they say!
I hope your trip is even more than you can dream.
I like those graphics...
~Meg

Anonymous said...

Take care of your toe at work. {{}}
Have a fun trip. :)
Have tried that recipe before, it'll be a hit, so don't fret.
Hugs,
Sugar

Anonymous said...

Glad that your toe and rick's back is better so you can go on your vacation. Enjoy those brownies. Helen

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you and Rick are healing, let's hope you'll both be fit for the vacation! Good idea to sell half the coin collection to get your money back. I think his ex-wife should know as he owes her money for the kids too. Have a good night at work and mind that toe! Jeannette xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/  

Anonymous said...

I guess that when it comes to something that is painful, being numb is a good thing.  At least it sounds like you and Rick are on the mend.  You really are getting all geared up for vacation...I'm quite jealous, as I am in need of a vacation myself.

Greg

Anonymous said...

Hi Julie,
Just dropping by to say hi & to reconnect! I'm sorry to hear that you and Rick have had some health issues....I hope you both will be healed & back to normal very soon. I see you are going on a trip, so I will say some prayers that you can be healed in time for that!!

Thanks for your support this past month, it has meant a lot.

Pooh Hugs,
Linda

Anonymous said...

Wow, you know vacation is getting close when it's list time.  I'm sure you and Rick will be in shape when the time comes.  If not, take it slower.  That cottage is a beauty.  Chris

Anonymous said...

I hope you guys have a great vacation! I just got back from a trip. Nice to get away.
Pam

Anonymous said...

i know you're going to have such a great time on your vacation.  it will be here before you know it.  be careful and don't bump that toe again!  and....maybe you should let bil's ex know...
gina

Anonymous said...

Don't forget your memory card!!!  I will await to see your pictures later!  :)  Julie