Monday, July 28, 2008

Auction, backroad attractions and adjuster



      Yesterday I went to an auction.   I kind of miss my shop and they had some depression glass I was hoping to buy and make a profit on.  Can't outbid collectors though.  I did get some Weller potter which I love so that made me happy. 

    On the way home we stopped at a roadside attraction of the midwest's largest antique windmills.  So cool.  A couple were damaged from the storm but most were in working shape and very neat.


       













    The weather was very hot and humid so we went out to eat last night and then retired to a cool room.  Rick's back is still pretty bad.  Hopefully he will see a doctor soon.

   Today the adjuster is here.  She is still outside writing up her report.    Hopefully they will do right by us.  We are waiting for a roofer to call us back also.  We are thinking of getting a metal roof.  Anyone have one?  What do you think?

    Then we are going to try and hunt down my BIL.  He owes me $400.00.   Of course he has crawled under some rock so he doesn't have to pay me but we found out where he is staying.  You can run but you can't hide.

    Tomorrow  we are going to see Weird Al.   I am excited.   Weird but I like his parodies


 
      The adjuster just left.  She gave us a pretty good size check.  They come through after all.   Now to get the roofer to call us back.

    Have a good one all and I leave you with one of my favorite Weird Al songs.



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved seeing the different windmills! Glad to the insurance adjuster came through for you. Here's to hoping you can get your money from your BIL. (Hugs)Indigo

Anonymous said...

I love thos old windmills, they've been so well preserved. I'm glad you got the insurance sorted and got a good sized check for your storm damage. I hope you can get the money back from your BIL. Jeannette xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/  

Anonymous said...

Congrat's on the check. Nice to hear some companies really do pay. I like the pics very much.

Jimmy

Anonymous said...

Windmills are really pretty, and make great subjects for photographs.  You did a wonderful job here.  I'm glad that insurance came through for you and hopefully that check will be enough to get everything all fixed up.

Greg

Anonymous said...

windmills have always held a fascination for me.  these are great!  i'm so glad the adjuster was generous.  i don't know anyone who has a metal roof, but there are several in the area and i really like the way they look.  good luck in what you choose.
gina

Anonymous said...

That's good to hear that the insurance did well by you.  I've heard of metal rooves but never knew anybody that had one.  Love the pictures of the old windmills.  LOL at Weird Al.  I like to watch him also.  Hope you get find that BIL of yours.   Chris

Anonymous said...

my folks have a metal roof and they love it. glad the insurance came through

Deb