Thursday, April 24, 2008

He Made it



          My son arrived safely without any delays.   The flights went smoothly, were on time and his brother met him right away.  That never happened when I used to fly!   Now to get them both safely back here.

          My MRI showed 2 discs that are bulging.  I knew about C3 but C4 is new.  I am upset though because they never even addressed my middle back which is where the pain is so bad.  I can live with my neck having gotten used to it.  They want me to do PT for my neck.  I don't want to spend money on something that isn't causing me much problem and ignore something that is.  So frustrating.  We have been thinking about switching doctors for a couples of years.  We want one is a smaller practice so maybe, just maybe they will listen to us the few times we go.  So here I sit, still in pain and no help to be seen.

         Work tonight and the beginning of my long stretch.  I gave Rick a todo list at the house.  I can't do any of the heavy lifting work right now so he has to haul away the bags to goodwill and then he is going to start taping and getting things ready to paint.

       It is raining here and just like that finally everything has popped and is looking green.  The Robins are back making a nest on my wreath and complaining when I check out my flower beds.  My next stretch out I will get my flowers planted.  I can't wait.

       Have a great weekend all.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad your son got there safely, I hope he likes the house and will be happy there. Sorry to hear about your MRI results, I can see that physio wouldn't help much. I hope you can find a doctor who'll listen to you ~ if you do can you please send him over here?! Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

I am glad that your son made it safely there. I am sorry to hear the results of the MRI. It is terrible to have to live in such pain. Hopefully a new Doc will be better for you. Glad the Robins are back in their safe spot. Have as nice a weekend as possibe with all that pain you are having. Helen

Anonymous said...

I know you are relieved that he landed safely.  Maybe the PT will help out with your back.

Greg

Anonymous said...

i know you'll be relieved to have both sons home.  sorry to hear about the mri results.  i understand your frustration.  good luck on finding a new doc.
gina

Anonymous said...

have a good weekend:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

I'm glad their travels went well. That's amazing...seems there is always a delay when I fly, too!
So...they did not do an MRI of your back? Just your neck? I think you definitely need to get one of your back done. You might have bulging discs there.
Good luck finding a Doc. I would hate to have to do that! I've been going to the same guy for years.
Hope work goes well and you aren't in too much pain.
Pam

Anonymous said...

I'm glad the boys made it back safe and sound.  That's always a relief.  They didn't do an MRI of the whole spine?  I hate to change doctors but have had to a few times.  I hope your shifts aren't too strenuous.  Chris

Anonymous said...

Well....that's a relief to hear that your boy arrived safely Julie.  Now they have each other.  Two heads being better than one.  
How mad was that when they didn't scan all of your back?  Don't these doctors listen to what you are saying?  
I believe a change is definitely on the cards if you are not being taken care of.
We had rain recdntly and are experiencing the same green explosion around us as you are.  Doesn't everything look so alive and fresh?
Have a lovely weekend too.
Hugs
Jeanie xxx

Anonymous said...

Sorry about your back, I understand your frustrations.  Wish doctors would put the same into their care as we put into ours.  Just at many patients, sometimes more in the ER.  At any rate, glad your son made it safely!  De ;)