Friday, April 25, 2008

Confused

          

          Was I wrong?  Isn't this Spring?  Flowers, green grass, growing things.  So why when I woke up was it snowing?  For Pete's sake!  Give it up already Mother Nature.  Sometimes you just have to let go!

         It isn't the kind of thing that will stick but still, how weird.  Work went well last night.  I was charge and we didn't have any problems.   Good thing as I was tired.  The 2 shifts before had been really busy with patients coding and getting really bad.  They took care of all the really sick ones before we got there, wasn't that nice of them, LOL.  They didn't think so but I did.

  I bought some more marbles, surprised aren't you.  These were the ones from the other day.  They arrived safely. First is the opal marble

  Front

  and back

        Then the planet type one.
  Front

  and back....if there a front and back to a marble?  It isn't a square.......
     Anyway the maker of the last marble gave me a free gift.  This lovely pendent.

  Front

  And flat back.  Now I have to find something to hang it from.  I nice black cord would look great or maybe dark blue.

    3 more nights to go.  I am ready already.  I keep getting these spasms that are just not pleasant at all.   Since I didn't get any real help from the doctor I am going to go the man who does my massages next week.  I get more relief from him anyway.  Probably cheaper then the doctor also.  And next week I start training full time for the ride.  I got my MIL's dyne air exercise bike for rainy days but hope to hit the trails on nice days.  I think if I can start my exercising again and strengthen my back muscles again that will help also.  My ride is only 4 and half months away.  I have still been doing the stairs both at my MIL's and at work..  My legs feel much stronger.

      Well, time to check out everyones journals.  Take care all.



12 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know we even had some snow flurries and frost after everything was in bloom. Mother Nature sure is confused. Those marbles and penant are beautiful. I hope the person who does the massages can make your back better. Helen

Anonymous said...

Snow?! You mean that white stuff? In eight weeks it'll be mid summers day then the nights start drawing in ~ come on, where's our summer?! I love the marbles, so pretty. I'm hoping you will be fit enough for that bike ride, great idea to use the exercise bike indoors for practise! Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

I'd be confused too....although we have so many moments like that in Michigan!! I'm sorry to hear they don't seem to be addresing your back pain in the way it really needs...how frustrating for you. I do hope you can find a Doctor that can help you...being in constant pain is no fun. Massages are great aren't they? It's one of the reasons I want to be thinner...I need them so badly and don't want to go like this. I hope you feel better after yours.
I know you are looking forward to the painting, but becareful not to strain your back....now I'm gonna worry about you all weekend!! LOLOL!! Glad your son made it safely :)

Pooh Hugs,
Linda
P.S.............LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the marbles!

Anonymous said...

I really like those marbles!
Around here, it's definitely been spring, but they are predicting a cold front (meaning severe storms) coming through this weekend leaving us with temps in the 30's.   :(
~Meg

Anonymous said...

I thought of you when I was in the antique store yesterday. They had jars of marbles for sale. They were obviously old marbles, too. $35/jar!
Have a good day...stay warm.
Pam

Anonymous said...

I thought it was spring as well, then I found myself standing outside this morning in 30-something degree conditions...freezing my booty off.  Snow is a bit out of the question for this time of year though...even for you.  I'm ready fo a season to be picked and stuck with.

by the way, love the marbles.  I'm really becoming a fan of them with your posts on the subject.

Greg

Anonymous said...

Love your marbles, never really thought much about marbles before.  Didn't know there were so many different ones about.
Weather isn't much better here either. Bitterly cold one day, then shorts and T shirts the next.  No wonder we are all a bit snuffly.
Good luck with the biking.
Have a good wekend.
Hugs
Carolxx

Anonymous said...

i love the marbles...
Lyn
http://journals.aol.com/ukgal36/Britsblog/

Anonymous said...

April and even May in Pa. can be the same way.  70 one day and snow the next.  Joey and I both go to a local chiropractor for our back and my rotator cuff.  I've found I get far more relief.  He also does laser accupuncture which is another story.  Anyway, love those marbles?  I never realized there were so many beautiful marbles at all.  Hope work goes smoothly.  Chris

Anonymous said...

Hello Julie,
The marbles are lovely!  Your pendant too.  You are becoming the 'little squirrel collector' with marbles.  Aren't you?
I loved marbles as a kid and really enjoyed looking at their swirls whenever I wasn't playing with them.  They sometimes reminded me of other worlds out their in space.
If a gymnast had a weak back for holding the tension in her back for a handstand it was always a sign of slack tummy muscles.  Tighten up those and your back should ease some.
Take care and keep warm.  
We have rain here in the Lakes.
Hugs
Jeanie xx

Anonymous said...

I saw on the news some folks were getting snow and I felt so bad...knowing how you long for the warm season to kick in.  Soon, hopefully soon.  Loved seeing the marbles...so pretty.  You take care...many hugs,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Love the marbles!  Where do you display them?  De ;)