Tuesday, April 1, 2008

April Fools



     It is early yet and I have already fallen for 2 April Fools day jokes. Boy am I slow.  This is my favorite day usually  and I usually have at least 3 good jokes lined up.  I am slipping.  Greg got me good today and one of my co-workers got me good.  She isn't working tonight so didn't want to miss it just because she wouldn't be there.  We have a long standing tradition of pulling pranks on each other.

    Woke up this morning to more snow on the ground.  Mother Nature continues to play her own April Fools joke on us.  Darn her.  Hard to get  her back.  It is melting but the auction is now a mere 19 days away.  We need good dry weather.  Friday the auctioneer is coming out to make a list of everything we are selling.  I will be soooooo happy when it is over.

    The lawyer told us today it doesn't matter if BIL signs the paper or not.  It was just a courtesy paper anyway and would have prevented some extra paper work.  So Dan and Rick are going down to do the paperwork today.  Rick is still going to try and get BIL to sign the paper though as it just ends up costing the estate more money.  It is sure sad it had to come to this. It is to BIL's advantage to sign.  Only reason I can think that he won't is because right now he is living free with only having to buy his food.

     2 more nights of work.  Ithas been going well.  I slept terrible last night though and hopefully will get a nap in before I go.  I am trying to be more like coffee.  I really did like the previous entry.  Sometimes I have to work at not being the egg.  Never will be the carrot though.  Take care all. 

     Dotty, if your reading leave your link for your new journal.  I would love to visit.  Jimmy, have you checked out my flower garden journal?  The link is on the side and more flower pics there, LOL.  Live long and happy my Friends.

                                      



     

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope the snow melts soon and everything dries out good before the auction. Hopefully the BIL will get a move on in the next few days. Helen

Anonymous said...

Thanks for reminding me about April Fools...  I was going to tell mother that I was pregnant again.  She would kill me!!  :)  Julie

Anonymous said...

I hope you take pictures at the auction. I've never seen an auction. That would be interesting.
Sorry BIL is being such a pain. I hope things go smoothly for you.
Pam

Anonymous said...

We are supposed to get more snow this weekend.   Today was wet and really windy.  Its still cold outside.  I was hoping April would have been milder too but she jokes with us already.  Yesterday was so balmy I turned the heating off and opened the doors to the warm sunshine.   Sheesh!  Phsycho weather!

I like Pam's idea of photos of the auction.  That would be really interesting to see.
I hope the lawyer itemises the cost of BIL's dithering.  That would really upset him.
Sleep well tonight and have a good day at work.  Rest up from dashing up and down those stairs...too much exercise can keep you awake.
Hugs
Jeanie   xxxx

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I can't see the flowers for the bushes....Thanks for the heads-up !

Jimmy

Anonymous said...

have a good week:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

I hope that the weather clears up for you and the auction, and that BIL decides to play nice.  After this is done, will you guys be through with having to deal with BIL?  Sounds like it is time for him to take a hike...a long one.

You know, that was the only April Fools joke I have played in quite a few years.  You are not the only one that has told me that they fell for it.

Greg

Anonymous said...

Hi Julie -- Hope you were speaking to me..here it is,
http://journals.aol.com/idlethoughts4me/just-treading-water/

Love your journal...

--Dottie