Thursday, April 17, 2008

Happy dance

                

         I got last night off for low census.   Now how lucky was that considering we were bursting at the seams last weekend.  So I am sitting here this morning drinking a cup of perfect coffee, turned out very well today and getting ready to go my MIL's.  It is raining today, bummer but is still suppose to be nice this weekend.  With 2 full days off I know I will have everything ready by Saturday.  I am so nervous about Saturday.  Isn't that weird?  I don't know why I feel so stressed about it.  I think because everything that is so familiar about her house will be gone except the little things we kept.  I have never seen the house empty.

       I had a dream about my MIL last night.  We were going to water aerobics like we used to and she almost fell,  I caught her and we gave each other a hug and had a good laugh about her being so left handed even her feet were lefties.  It woke me up.  I was sad and had a hard time falling back to sleep.  You take all these things for granted while they are happening and then when those moments are gone.....just memories.....well its sad at times.

    Well way to go Julie, now I am sitting her crying and I was in such a good mood just seconds ago.   Sheesh......  Anyway

    Anyone know whats going on at the Eagle cam?  Mom is definitely sitting on eggs again and just now was busy rotating them.  However not a single update on the site since she lost the last batch.  How many eggs is she sitting on?  When are they due to hatch?  Will it be soon enough they will survive?  I want some answers here LOL.


      Well, I am ready to pop into the shower and go.  Take care everyone and just think, the weekend is just around the corner.


              

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adorable happy dance!

Sorry about the sad memories of MIL....

Nancy

Anonymous said...

Cute happy dance. Yes, dreaming about our loved loves makes us think about them a lot the day after and for several days. The Eagle is sitting on one egg only You can read once a week about it by looking under the eagle cam where it says DGIF Eagle Cam Blog. Here is the page from Monday usually when this person updates unless something happens the he write an update. Helen
http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/eaglecam/

Anonymous said...

Think of your dream about your MIL as her way of saying "thank you" for all the things you have done for her, and what you are doing now.  I really think she is thrilled to know that her grandson will be living in her home.  Take care, and have a great rest of the week!!  Hugs - Julie

Anonymous said...

It's early days yet and your bound to be saddened when you realise your MIL is no longer with you. Even though she's gone I'm sure she's smiling down on you today, you've done so well in arranging the auction. I hope it goes well for you all. Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

have a good weekend:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

hope everything goes well this weekend, Julie

Jimmy

Anonymous said...

You were so lucky to get the night off.  I just checked the web site.  There's a new video of the eagles mating again on April 14th so I guess she may be laying some eggs.  I hope so.  Chris

Anonymous said...

It's sad when things come up that remind us that our loved ones won't be back....those moments are tough. I'm sure it will be hard to see her house empty too.... and you are right, we take people in our lives for granted!

Pooh Hugs,
Linda

Anonymous said...

I think Betty came for a little visit through the night to thank you for always being there for here whenever she needed you.  You always held your hand out to reach for her and she knew by that how much you cared.
It's hard to let go but she is helping you a bit at a time through your dreams.
The tears are part of that.  
I hope tomorrow goes well for you dear friend.
Have a lovely weekend.
Hugs
Jeanie xxxx

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a lovely weekend...no rain I hope!!!
Hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

I think she came to visit through your dream to make you laugh. I'm sure she knows how hard it is for you guys to sell her things. This has got to be so tough! I know after my Mom died I had to sell just a few of her things...and it was a nightmare for me. I left on a trip to go see my Dad in Alabama, and I made my ex hubby sell the stuff while I was gone. I couldn't do it.  So I know that this is hard for you.
After it's all over I hope you can relax and help make her house a home for your son. I just love that he is buying it!
Take it easy today.
Pam

Anonymous said...

I went through the same thing hon when we had to empty out Doc's Mom's apt. I kept my composure in front of everyone until we were done...I cried the entire 1 and 1/2 trip home. We are having her graveside service the 16th of May...I miss her yet I want this over so I can finally find some peace with it. I think once the house belongs to your son and he's moved in you will find that same peace yourself hon. The memories remind us we were loved by these gentle souls.
(Hugs) Indigo