Saturday, September 8, 2007

Trying to stay awake

               

     Why is going to work at 11 so much  worse then 7pm.   I am tired.  Maybe it was our wonderful meal which I am still on the miserable side of.  Love asparagus.  Maybe it is knowing I am suppose to be off tonight.  I am so tired.  Some strong coffee should help.

    I am reading another book that is so good.  I had read it long ago and ran across it so am reading it again.  Its called Mutent Message Down Under by Marlo Morgan.  Very interesting read.  There is some controversy surrounding if it is fiction or non-fiction.  I think it should be read just because it is interesting and I liked it.  My husband liked it.  Everyone I have recommended read it liked it so that alone is reason enough.  I get bored sometimes with ripping a book apart sentence by sentence looking for the hidden meanings behind each word,  I go by gut feelings.  I enjoyed reading it, I was sorry when I came to the last page. and it made me think or took me to places untraveled.

     Visiting with my MIL today.  It was upsetting to find a movie she owned that she recommended to everyone who visited her, she can't remember.  I mean really can't remember a thing about the movie.  It is called Pelle the Conqueror and since it is spoken in Danish and filmed in Denmark my MIL was especially fond of it.  Now it is wiped from her memory.  Sigh.  So we are going there this week and watch it with her.  She thinks she will not need to read the subtitles as she will understand the danish, but I doubt it. It ice so sat as they say in danish.

    Well, back to my book.  Trying to stay awake.  Hope it is nice at work tonight.  Rick is working on the furnace.  Yippy.  heat this winter.

            

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd rather go at 7 then at 11. I'd be ready for bed by 10 otherwise LOL!
I should be starting work soon! YAY!
Sorry your MIL is deteriorating so rapidly. Sad that her memory is going. When all is said and done, I want to still have my memory.
Hope work is ok tonight.
Pam

Anonymous said...

oh how i hate night shift!!!  hope the night goes well for you.
gina

Anonymous said...

My son loves that shift!  GRRRRRR  Can't imagine why... LOL  
hope your day/night goes well
hugs
d

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good book.  Still prayers going up for your dear MIL....sad when the memory fads...hugs and love...hope you stayed awake...
Joyce

Anonymous said...

the weather changed here today:) winter is coming

Deb