Thursday, December 8, 2005

Back to Work

Enlightenment--that magnificent escape from anguish and ignorance--never happens by accident. It results from the brave and sometimes lonely battle of one person against his own weaknesses.

-Bhikkhu Nyanasobhano, "Landscapes of Wonder"

 

       I have way to many things to do to go to the gym today.  To start off I am making some split pea soup, then I really have to finish my packing and get them mailed out.  I have to finish my Christmas cards and I want to take a hot tub soak.  For breakfast I had organic 4 grain with flax hot cereal.  I am not sure what to have for lunch.  I think just a slim fast as it seems like I feel fuller today.  I might go back to the slim fast for a meal for awhile and see if I can get the weight to come off better again.  I have gotten complacient.  The pea soup will be for supper tonight.  I will try to do a Tai Chi session before work if I get time.

  Well I got done soon then expected to went to the gym after all.  I used the machines alittle differently trying to work on different muscle groups and really worked up a sweat.  It is easy to get to a point and just do the same thing everyday so I like to change it everytime I am there along with increasing my reps so I get the most benefit.  I have cut down on the water aerobics as it seems to be bothering my lungs lately.  I would like to get through this winter season without pneumonia for a change.

No comments: