Tuesday, December 27, 2005

15 days

                                                                 

 Tomorrow it will be 2 weeks until I have surgery.  Am I nervous, you bet cha.  I went clothes shopping yesterday.  Every sweater I tried on I tried to think how it would look when I was smaller on top.  I did end up getting one.  I went from a 2X to a X large and could have gone smaller but I like my sweaters baggier.  I bought 3 pairs of pants in a size 18.  Much better then 22-24's and again I think if they had had a smaller size I would have been able to fit into the 16.  I liked the pants though and they didn't come in a smaller size.

  I got up at 4:30 today and meditated.  I did the walking meditation today concentrating on how my muscles feel as I move.  I am so impressed that I can actually feel each muscle it directs you to move and concentrate on these days.  After 7 months of working out and becoming aware of my muscles again, I can appreciate their movement and strength.  I am still doing some of the yoga moves and can now stand on one leg with my eyes closed for at least 20 minutes.  My balance has improved along with my flexibility.  This old lady is getting stronger!  Meditation has been such a wonderful thing in my life.  I am calmer and happier then I have been in a very long time.  It has become so natural to me I utilize it off and on all day.  If I even start to tense up I automatically start breathing correctly and un tense myself.  I am a willow branch blowing in the wind but not breaking.

   I have ham leftover so for breakfast this morning I made a light egg mcmuffin.  I used light English muffins,  low fat Cheddar cheese, 1 egg and a thin slice of ham.  No butter just some herbs and dill on the egg.  Yummy.  Since I am up so early I shouldn't have a problem in water aerobics eating a heavier breakfast.  It is still 3 hours away.  For lunch I will have a salad.   I have been really concentrating on my water.  I want to try to get a gallon in a day.  Later I have to get some more slim fast.  Supper is still unplanned.  I hate that.  I do better when I have my meals planned days in advance.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HI! I just found your journal... and I'm excited because it looks like you post often. So many of my jland friends have become scarce this past month. Me... I'm posting 2-3 times a day... since I have no life outside of work. (I'm kidding, sort of). Just wanted to say hello, let you know I've put you on alerts and invite you to visit me...

heather