Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St. Patrick's Day

       
 
         Instead of green Iowa is celebrating with a fresh layer of snow this evening.  Can we say bummer.  I can.  Anyway Happy St' Patrick's Day J-land.  Cheers to you.   Now if you know me you know I like a good beer once in a while but I can honestly say I have never had a green beer.  I have no plans to break that tradition.  However.....I am going out for an Irish meal and a nice Widmers.



           This was the busiest weekend I have spend at work in years.  It was emotionally and physically exhausting.  In fact....I just woke up!  Usually on my night off I sleep until about 1 and that way I can go back to bed later.  Well I woke up and checked out the clock, 4:15.  And I ache all over like I have been hit by a truck.  What a week.


       I had such wonderful patients though and had the rare pleasure of taking care of the same group all 4 nights.  One patient told me, In this nightmare I am living right now you are my only bright spot.  Isn't that sweet!  Made me want to cry.  I am glad I made this difficult time a little easier for him.



        Well, I have to get ready to go.  Another exciting entry aye.  Have a wee bit of fun today you all.

 
       

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a nice time out. Happy St. Paddy's day. Helen

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful story Julie, it must feel so good to know you make a difference in someone's life that really needs it.
I hope you enjoy your Irish meal :)

Pooh Hugs,
Linda

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your Irish Dinner out Julie.

You must have been really tired to sleep so long.  Bless you!
You are such a lovely woman to so many poorly folk in your working life.  You are simply the best!

Enjoy yourself.
Hugs
Jeanie xxx

Anonymous said...

That's what nursing is about....when you hear comments like that.
Hope you get some more much needed rest!
Pam