Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Pretty much recovered

  
http://journals.aol.com/midwestvintage/24-hours-of-afton-2007/
     
     Hi everyone.  We got back really late on Saturday, unpacked and rested all day Sunday.  We had a pretty good time. 

    I have never been anyplace where there were so many thin fit people in my life.  Not an ounce of body fat.  You had to be really fit to do this trail.  1000 ft and 8.5 miles.   The team didn't get there early enough to try the trail out first and Dans first lap ended in the dark.  He was not thrilled with the rocks or the pipes they had to dunk under.  He definately  liked the trail better in the daylight.  The professionals and people who have ridden the trail before went at unheard of speeds.

     Our team ended up in the upper half which made them happy since they have never ridden there before and there is no where around here to train under those conditions.  They had a mutiny about riding at night but made up for it during the day and Dan hated to quit at the end of the race.  The first lap he had a terrible asthma attack, the first he has had in quite awhile.  Scared us all.  Thank goodness I had my inhaler.

     I did pretty good sleeping in the tent.  My back held out well but all night you heard music, fireworks and people yelling from the trails.  I got very little sleep.

   Yesterday I got my wrist injected with a steroid again.  It hurt so bad during the weekend but the shot was awful.  I am surprised I didn't scream.  Hopefully I will have some improvement within a few days as it has been really bad.

    MIL had a few problems while we were gone and hospice called us.  Since we were getting terrible reception up there it scared us to death as they said who it was and we got disconnected.  Finally talked to them though.  Problems with BIL came to light so we were upset and all I can say is it is a good thing we were so far away so I could cool down.  I am so ready to kill him.  We are having a meeting with him today per hospices request.  I am not looking forward to it.

   Otherwise that is about all.  I have my pictures put in an album but didn't get the really technical shots of the ride much to my sons dismay.   Climbing up that hill3 or 4 times was good enough for me plus we were cooking. 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like you had a good time.  glad the tent sleeping fared well....i'd sure hate to think of sleeping in a tent anymore!  lol  good luck today with the bil.
gina

Anonymous said...

Glad you enjoyed your trip and your back held out.  Hope your wrist feels better.  Time to kill off the BIL sounds like.  De ;)

Anonymous said...

I hope all goes ok with the meeting:) glad no one got hurt in the race:) enjoy your week

Deb

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good time, Julie.  I sure hope that injection will help your wrist.  I'm hoping things go ok at the meeting today and BIL gets straightened out once and for all.  Chris

Anonymous said...

Love the photo of you...wow...how I admire all your energy.  Wish I had it.  Hope your wrist is feeling better and the shot kicked in.  Hope that chat with the BIL works...keep us updated...your MIL is always in my prayers...hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good time! Good luck with the BIL. Sounds like he really did it this time for Hospice to call you!
Hope your wrist feels better now.
Pam

Anonymous said...

Loved the pics of the race. Alot tight buns in shorts there. As for BIL I hope the hell someone throws the book at this loser , once and for all. Good luck with the meeting with hospice. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a good time!

Krissy :)
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink