Monday, June 11, 2007
What a sale.
Well the sale is over and I made over $420 on the dishes. It cost me my day off as I had to pack items all day and send shipping costs. I was just shocked at how much USPS has gone up. It would definitely slow down my on line buying. How could they raise their prices so much. Way over double on some things.
The cost of packing these dishes was pretty high. I have been called obsessive about my packing, but I have never had anything break. I used a roll and a half on bubble pack and all my plain paper. I have to go tomorrow and buy a big box as what I have isn't big enough to pack it all.
We went out for our date night. I am trying to do things to get Rick to relax. He is so upset with his brother I am worried about him. I am sure his BP is sky high. We can barely stand to go to my MIL because it makes us so mad to see my BIL. My MIL has become more and more confused and doesn't realize what is going on. Without going to a lawyer we really feel our hands are tied. With my nephew there we don't want to have a big battle with my BIL in front of his son. Probably why he had his son come. He is still going through everything and for all we know pawning her things, but my MIL is content and I just don't feel like fighting. He will have his time at the pearly gates to set things straight and I am fine at where we are now. I earned every thing I have and I have no reason for shame. I want my hubby to get over the stress of this and just get on with our lives.
It was hot hot hot today. I packed all morning, went on my date night all night and am turningin early;
Tips for visitors to the hospital.
1. Short visits only. You have no idea how many patients say they had too much company that stayed too long. Visit them when they feel better.
2. Kids should stay at home. Do you have any idea of all the germs and infections going around in the hospital. People are not here because they are well! Also why put your children though having to be so quiet. I am a busy nurse taking care of sick people. Please don't leave it to me to tell your children to not run in the halls and to be quiet.
3. I do not have time to get you and all your relatives coffee, ice cream, pop, etc. While I am serving you someone my be dying and can't call me. What would you prefer? Good waitressing or good nursing for your loved one?
4. I can't give you any information over the phone or in person without written permission from your family member. Yes, I do think you have the right to know, still the law says I can't tell you. I can lose my job if I tell you, so cut me some slack. I don't make the rules.
5. Don't give your loved ones candy, water, food or anything else without asking the nurse. Maybe they can't have it.
6. Don't believe everything you read in Readers Digest. We really don't make that many mistakes and are not as bad as they make us out. We really do care and want to do the best job.
7. Don't fly in from where ever you live and make our lives miserable because you feel guilty about not seeing Mom or Dad for 9 months. Being a witch does not mean your family member will get better care. It will mean your family member will get a different nurse every day because no one will want to deal with the family from.......well, you know where. Make us fight to have your loved one, not fight over who gets the short straw.
8. I love taking care of my patients and I love my job. I work hard to keep my skills current and train very hard to make sure I am up to date on the latest skills necessary to do my job to the best of my ability. I do not tell you how to do your job, please don't tell me how to do mine. Yes it looks easy to start an IV but if it was always that easy would you need training?
9. Love your family members each and every day. Don't wait until they are too ill to enjoy your company. Life is short. Make each day count. And have a good day.
Posted by Julie at 8:18 PM