Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Animal Cruely must be stopped.

Dear J-Land

I thought you might be interested in this HSUS campaign to persuade the NFL to punish football player and alleged dogfighter Michael Vick appropriately. Now that a grand jury has indicted Michael Vick on federal animal fighting charges--including reports of extreme cruelty to dogs who weren't aggressive enough--it's clearly time for them to get off the dime.

Please ask NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell to suspend Michael Vick immediately for his cruelty. It will only take a minute. Here is the web page .  I couldn't get the link to work.




http://hsus.typepad.com/wayne/2007/07/vick-indictment.html


      I look at Zoey's eyes and wonder what type of person could do the things these people do.  All for greed, for gambling, for ? FUN!
   This man did not need the money.  No one forced him to hang these dogs up and electrocute them.  He did it for FUN?  What type of person does these things?  Look into your pets eyes, then go and sign the petition.  This very sick person and other people like him need to be stopped.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so right.  This guy makes me cringe.  I hope they never let him play football again.  I am shocked that someone could actually treat an animal the way he did!

Anonymous said...

Julie.
I agree with you.  I hope he never gets to play football again.  When I watched this on TV, it brought tears to my eyes.  My little chihuahua was sitting in my lap and I gave her a big hug.  She is family to us.  On TV it said he might get 6 years and a fine.  Six years is NOT enough time!!!!  
Hugs,
Pat

Anonymous said...

I agree with you completely! This man is just evil...and needs to be stopped from EVER doing this again. I hope his life falls apart and he is unable to play football again....ever!
Pam

Anonymous said...

The worse part of it all is the animals they confiscate from dog fighting still don't get to know an ounce of love or live a full life. Almost all of them are put to death. Yes, it ends their suffering.......But from the moment these sick bastards got their hands on them they were going to die one way or another. I signed the petition. I have a picture on my side bar of a little girl who was beat, the caption reads " Tested on animals" If they can do this to a poor defenseless creature, what is there to keep them from abusing a child, woman, human being. If I had my way I would put Vick in a pen with a dozen of his own dogs, Let him fight for his own life. Yes, he would end up dying. But at the very least those he deemed unworthy for living, with have their atonement. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

I do agree that this is sad.  De ;(
http://journals.aol.com/erarein63/DesThoughts/  

Anonymous said...

I own THREE full grown pit bulls:  Iris, Jake, and Elizabeth.  They are the biggest, goofiest, sweetest, lap dogs you would ever want to meet.

I'm sick about this story, yet so happy this high profile human-creature has been brought to light.  Please, please, please let him get what he deserves.......