Thursday, May 1, 2008

Painting, nails and other things

    Now I have the worlds worst fingernails.  They must reflect my bones as I can't grow them.  But....I don't think I would like most of these in exchange, LOL.  Some are kind of cool though.  Would you want your nurse to have nails like these?  Actually we can't wear fake nails as they are a infection hazard.


















        So I finished my long stretch.  Can we say happy.  I talked to the PT dept for my appointment.  I start Monday.  They are surprised I am working since they got the report of my MRI.  Poverty is such a great motivator.  Have bills will work.  The good news is since I switched it to my hospital for my PT I have no deductible and it is 90/10 pay.  I talked to them about my middle back and they are going to work on that also.  So..hopefully.

      Work was not fun last night.  I had a argument with another nurse.  We call her the bear.  Don't poke the bear.  Will I poked her last night and we had words.  I hate that.  I like to just do my job and get along.  She likes everyone else to do her job and then you can get along with her.  That was the problem.  Sigh.  Otherwise the patients were good.  A couple of very sick ones that kept me on my toes all week but it went fast.  And now...I am off.  I went to bed at 8:30 am, slept until 1pm and then went to my son's new home.  He signed the papers yesterday and it is now official.  It is his house.  So I painted cub boards and trim until 6:30.  The kitchen looks so fresh and good but I am one stiff and sore woman so the rest of the night I am chilling and watching a movie.

      We still haven't received the checks for the auction.  It was suppose to be 7 days.  I will have to call them tomorrow.  I want my money!
 
        Tomorrow I am painting again all day and then trying to get the old wallpaper off.  We have to make a trip to goodwill.  My son wants to move in soon.  I am excited for him and it will be good for my other son as it is cramped here.  He has so much stuff.

      We are getting used the guinea pig and he is starting to relax around us.  Well, that is all.  The weather isn't suppose to be good here this weekend.  I want a bike ride and to get some flowers planted.  Hopefully at least one day.  Take care all.


13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some of those fingernails, and especially those toenails are gross!    You ever notice how money is never on time?    Always late, definitely when you need it the most.
~Meg

Anonymous said...

I imagine if you worked in the pediatric section those kids would love those nails LOL. They are weird looking things. Good for your son getting everything in his name. I hope the PT works good for you. It's supposed to be stormy weather here this weekend also. Helen

Anonymous said...

I think they are a bit long and some strange.  Yes, some are cool...my daughter does get her nails in some designs at times.   No on my nurse having nails like this...just me I guess.  So far not one nurse I have come in contact with, has had them.  Hope you have a lovely Friday...hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

WOW on the nails!! I had to laugh when I saw those pictures LOL!
Enjoy your time off.
Pam

Anonymous said...

"Don't poke the bear" LMAO!!!!! I'm going to use that tomorrow.....too funny!

Those toe nails are GROSS!!!! I'm not a big fan of the fingernails either, although Bert & Ernie are kinda cute :)


How exciting for your son....he has the house!!!! You're such a good Mom to paint with your back issues. Hope you're less sore tomorrow.

Pooh Hugs,
Linda

Anonymous said...

Ugh! Those fake nails are awful! I've never liked long nails, always keep mine short. We have to havbe them short at work because of infection control. Take it easy on the painting, I don't want you to hurt your back or how are you gonna ride your bike?! Have a good weekend, I hope that money comes through soon. If you owed it to them they'd soon be calling you for it! Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

I remember going to this restaurant, and the waitress  had these long nails..  They used to make me shudder in fear.  Eeew...  I don't like them--they are too long!!  How can anyone do anything with those long claws!!  I could see how they would be a health hazard where you work--just wish restaurants wouldn't allow some of the food handlers to have such long nails.  The toe ones gross me out!!  Have a great weekend away from THE BEAR!  :)  Julie

Anonymous said...

I prefer my nails to be trimmed short. I've never been one for long nails, it just seems frivilous and something more to get in the way (I already end up with my boobs in the middle of things as it is)...The toe ones, are totally gross. I couldn't respect anyone who dated someone with nails like this, I would figure they had no taste to begin with.

I hate it when someone doesn't do their job and the only thing they seem to excel at is making yours miserable. Glad to hear things are moving along with the boys being home. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

Long nails make me shudder.  Those toenails above made my skin creep.  Yuck!
Not my cup of tea Julie.
At least 'madam who likes others to do her work for her' will not push her luck next time around you.  
I knew you would do  too much indoors for your boy.  I just knew it!  Hope you do veg out in front of TV like you said.  
I have planted up my hanging baskets and some tubs already.  I still have loads more to do but will take my time.  That will give me more pleasure in th e long run
Good luck with yours.
Hugs
Jeanie xxx

Anonymous said...

I've seen a lot of nails in my time and I sure hope I'm never seen standing near any of those.

Jimmy

Anonymous said...

Ewww, those nails are for the most part just creepy looking.  The soda can ones and snack ones are sort of cool but still...  Hope you get all your back problems sorted out.  Boy, isn't there always one "bear" in every place of employment.  Chris

Anonymous said...

ok...some of these folks definitely don't have a job!!! and oh my goodness at those toe nails!  ewww!!!  but they were very creative, huh??  lol
gina

Anonymous said...

gross gross gross!
I missed ya!
Lyn