Monday, May 5, 2008

End of my Day



       Spring has finally arrived in Iowa.  The birds and bunnies are mating, the trees are blooming.  The breeze is warm.  Its a wonderful feeling.

        I went to PT.  Mona is my therapist.  I have had her before.  She marvels at my limberness and is amazed I am still doing as good as I am doing.  She knows my history.  I tell her again I refuse to give in to the pain and become stuck in some wheelchair.  Not yet.  Not this year and hopefully ever.

        There is little they can do for my middle back.  I guess I knew that, I guess I have been told that before but you still keep hoping something will help.  She gave me some new exercises and taped my back to give me some additional support.  I told her about my bike ride, she just shakes her head and that I needed to start my training.  I will do whatever I need to do.

     Tomorrow I call my insurance company to see if they will pay for a TEN's unit.  It helps some people with the pain.  Maybe I am one of them.  I have to admit to being alittle depressed about the entire thing but things could be worse.  Right.  As a nurse I know it could.

      We grilled today and then I went for a ride around the neighborhood on my bike.  Yikes.  I have so much work to do.  I plastered at my son's, a new skill for me but otherwise the ride is the most I did.  It is beautiful out.

    Now I am going to hit my awful hill with the dog.  She flies up it, I gasp and wheeze.  But the view will be wonderful.  Take care all.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better tomorrow!  Glad your Sons are home safe and sound!  De ;)

Anonymous said...

Hey Mom had a TENs unit for a while.  She loved it right up until the time she burned herself with it.  That is one of the pitfalls of having MS...very little feeling, and she couldnt' tell the elements had gotten to her bare skin.  I hope they approve it and that it does great things for you.

Greg

Anonymous said...

Oh back pain...  I think it's the worst!  I hope you are feeling better soon...seems like you never have a time to rest!  Take care!  Julie :)

Anonymous said...

Hope all goes well and the insurance company pays for 10.  Have a beautiful day...hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

I hope you can get the tens unit. I got one once but it was so much trouble to put it on and I had to get Ken to do it that I just quit using it. An ice pack works better for me. Different things help different people. Love your pictures and the framing you used. Good luck on the bike training. Helen

Anonymous said...

I was off work with back pain for seven years, I know exactly what you're going through as we have the same condition. That's the answer ....never give up! I hope you can get out more on your bike now that summer seems to have arrived! Jeannette xx