Friday, May 9, 2008

hello



     It is so nice to have some flowers in the yard again.  They were missed this long winter.

    I am in my 2nd day of my stretch at work.  We were so busy at work.  Kept me hopping.  In the morning I have PT again and they are going to hook me up with my TENs unit.  I can wear it at work and we will see if it helps my pain.  My fingers are crossed.

     I bought Dan a house warming gift.  He likes my antique clocks but doesn't like to have to wind them.   My clock man made this clock out of a 1907 case.  The inners were shot so he replaced them with a battery unit.  He usually won't do that but the case was so nice.  So he has this beautiful clock with the ease of a new one.  He liked it.  I love the greek key detail on the wood.



     We have been working steady at the house and it is now ready for painting.  My son is off tomorrow so that is what he will be doing.  He has been moving things over.  I know he is anxious to move in.

       I had my hair cut the other day and Rick decided to come and get a trim.  When she asked him how much he wanted trimmed off he said all of it.  Our jaws dropped!  I have never seen with with short hair.  It has been 37 years since he wore it short the last time!  I was mad he didn't let me know he was going to do it so I could bring my camera but here are some pics.   They cut off 10" and they sent it to locks of love.

Before


After



   Wow.   Now he is thinking of cutting the beard off.  He hates how gray it is.  I won't know the man.  I told him the mustache has got to stay though.  I have my limits.  Now he has this fathom  limb thing going on.  He keeps reaching back to move his pony tail out from under his shirt or combs it much longer then he needs.  He said it really hit him in the shower when it was so short to wash and dried in record time.

     I don't know how long he will keep it like this.  He says it is more work to keep it short but he messed with his hair all the time before and I do like it.  He used to have the most beautiful auburn hair.  Long and shiny.  But now that it is long and gray it looks better short.

     Well, I don't get to get on my computer much since my son is staying in my spare room.  I am so far behind on alerts.  I will have to get my laptop going.  Take care all.


              

  I love this meditation, just breathing and you can really just relax so fast.  Just ignore the add at the end.  Or order I suppose if you like it.



14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Rick's hair!  I think it looks awesome!!!

My grandma had a clock just like that on the top of her piano.  It brings back such memories!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!

((hugs))
Jeanne

Anonymous said...

I just love mantle clocks.  I have one that was so relaxing until the chime died out a couple of years ago.  I really need to get it fixed.

Greg

Anonymous said...

I adore the Locks of Love part, but I really liked Rick's long hair.
< slowly adjusting :-)  ~Mary

Anonymous said...

That clock is beautiful!! I love old clocks.

Rick cut his hair??!! Let me pass out now! I think he looks good with the short hair....but there is something about his long hair that I liked. I think a man with long hair can be very sexy.
WOW you will feel like you are sleeping with a different man! LOL! I think it's great that he donated it.
Take care...and good luck with the Tens.
Pam

Anonymous said...

Like the short hair... and donating it was good...  
d

Anonymous said...

Those petunias are beautiful. I think Rick's hair looks good short. My grandparents used to have a clock similiar to that one and the other set of grandparents had one of those eight day wind up kind that dings every hour and half hour. Have a nice saturday. Helen

Anonymous said...

Ooops- have a nice Sunday, getting my days mixed up here. Helen

Anonymous said...

I think I have lost my mind, tomorrow is Saturday after all hee hee. Helen

Anonymous said...

Does it feel like you are sleeping with a stranger now? LOL..  I wish my hubby had long hair...we could share pony tail rubber bands!!  :)  Julie

Anonymous said...

Nice pic ! Tell Rick the h/c looks good - Miss Clairol will solve that grey beard deal

Jimmy

Anonymous said...

Whoa, Rick looks like a different man altogether!  I think he looks super handsome with that hair cut.  I like the gray beard.  Men always look so distinguished with gray.  I LOVE the clock.  My mother gave a clock like that to Goodwill when it quit working.  I was so mad at the time.  I have a key wind clock my dad bought me years ago on my wall.  Love your flowers!  Happy Mother's Day!  Chris

Anonymous said...

Hi Julie.  wow, Rick does look kind of strange without his hair.  My hubby did that too about 5 years ago and it took me so long to get used to it.  He's shaved it all off though. lol  I hope you have a really wonderful Mother's Day!!  Love ya, Shelly

Anonymous said...

What a lovely housewarming gift....
Hope you have a lovely Mother's Day...hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Rick certainly looks different with short hair! I like men with long hair, back in the sixties I used to know a fella with waist length hair, he used to come to my house a couple of times a week for me to wash and blow dry it ~ it was very curly, I loved it! The clock is beautiful, I'm glad the clock man made a new inside for it, that case is far too pretty to throw out! Happy belated Mothers' Day! Jeannette xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/