Sunday, May 18, 2008

Turned out pretty good

   I finished the room today and must say, it looks great.  It really turned out better then I had hoped it would.   This room is pretty much the way it was when my MIL had it except the poster of Dan's.  He kept some of the things and will slowly replace them with things more his taste.  Except the bed and he actually likes the duck.  He doesn't care for the sofa and loveseats pattern but free is good so he will keep them for now.  The curtains came with the house and he doesn't exactly like them also but once again, replacing the curtains right now would be pretty expensive.  So what do you think, is the bedroom a success?
Before



After, Ebony likes it and thinks it is a restful room now.


Before


After,







       I could rest in this room


      And last the archway downstairs.  I love the way it turned out.  And a picture of the last room to finish.  Its the largest room.







8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Julie- The bedroom looks great! i am so happy for Dan....i hope for many years of happiness for him in his first house that he already has such memories from :)
~Cathy

Anonymous said...

I think the bedroom is really pretty. I love that archway. He can add furniture as fits his taste later as he saves more $$$. Helen

Anonymous said...

i think you all have done a great job.  i really like the photo with the billowing curtain and the kitty lying in the sun.
gina

Anonymous said...

A fine job, Jules..... It really turned out well.

Jimmy

Anonymous said...

The house really is looking nice.   I love that archway.    You need to get us an outside shot, as well.
~Meg

Anonymous said...

GREAT job!! His bedroom look sooooo comfortable! Can't wait to see how the house looks when it's complete!
Pam

Anonymous said...

I LOVE it, Julie!!!  So restful..you did a great job!!  

Dottie

Anonymous said...

Hey, Free & Mom did it, works for me :-0.  It looks great. ~Mary