Monday, May 5, 2008

Kitten





THE PASTOR'S CAT...

This particular story just made me laugh. Every time I think about it, the vision of that poor cat just amuses me to no end. Hope the story leaves a bright spot in your day.
Dwight Nelson recently told a true story about the pastor of his church. He had a kitten that climbed up a tree in his backyard and then was afraid to come down. The pastor coaxed, offered warm milk, etc.  The kitty would not come down.

The tree was not sturdy enough to climb, so the pastor decided that if he tied a rope to his car and pulled it until the tree bent down, he could then reach up and get the kitten.
That's what he did, all the while checking his progress in the car.  He then figured if he went just a little bit further, the tree would be bent sufficiently for him to reach the kitten. But as he moved the car a little further forward, the rope broke.   The tree went 'boing!' and the kitten instantly sailed through the air - out of sight.
The pastor felt terrible. He walked all over the neighborhood asking people if they'd seen a little kitten. No. Nobody had seen a stray kitten.
So he prayed, 'Lord, I just commit this kitten to your keeping,' and went on about his business.
A few days later he was at the grocery store, and met one of his church members. He happened to look into her shopping cart and was amazed to see cat food.
This woman was a cat hater and everyone knew it, so he asked her, 'Why are you buying cat food when you hate cats so much?'
She replied, 'You won't believe this,' and then told him how her little girl had been begging her for a cat, but she kept refusing.
Then a few days before, the child had begged again, so the Mom finally told her little girl, 'Well, if God gives you a cat, I'll let you keep it.' She told the pastor, 'I watched my child go out in the yard, get on her knees, and ask God for a cat. And really, Pastor, you won't believe this, but I saw it with my own eyes. A kitten suddenly came flying out of the blue sky, with its paws outspread, and landed right in front of her.'
Lesson learned:  Never underestimate the Power of God and His unique sense of humor.

 
       

         I have PT today.  Hopefully they will get me one the right track.  Yesterday I didn't do any work at the house as I was just hurting for certain.   I needed a rest day.  So instead we went to watch a friend of mine from work Roller Derby.  I had never seen it before and it was fun once I realized what the goal was.  They don't do it cheesy like it used to be on TV.

     I woke up and just couldn't see yesterday.  Myeyes were all blurry.   I tried artificial tears but nothing helped.  It was like the first day I got my glasses.  Went to the derby and could hardly see my friend. My eyes were shot.  I told her I was having trouble seeing that day which was a drag as I could hardly see her.  My son got a picture of us though.  I talked to a couple of people I knew and looked into being a sponsor.  All the time being upset about my eyes and worried about why I couldn't see.

    We get home and I decide to wash my glasses to see if that helps.  Thats when I find out a lens is missing.  It was missing the entire time.  I found it on the floor in my bedroom.  What a dolt I am.  Here I was out and about complaining to everyone about how I couldn't see and they were probably thinking, if you had two lens in your glasses it would probably help, LOL.   Or you know when someone has a booger hanging from their nose.....do you mention it or just pretend like you didn't notice!  I  told my husband, sheesh don't you ever look at me!  Of course him my son were too busy laughing to answer.   Sigh.
 
   Anyway put the lens back in and surprise surprise, I could see again.  What a relief.  Cataracts weren't worse after all.

     AOL is being strange today and won't let me put the entire entry in the same font and size.  Sorry about that.  Maybe they forgot their lens also.



         


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was cute about the kitty. That was funny about your glasses. Have a nice day Julie. Helen

Anonymous said...

Between the cat, and your glasses, you almost made me spit out my coffee laughing! LOL!
Pam

Anonymous said...

The story about the cat and your glasses were funny!!  You made my day, Julie!!  LOL.   I'm sitting here at work, laughing!!  People must think I'm nuts laughing to myself!!  

--Dottie

Anonymous said...

Sorry but LMAO - I was out with my brother one night and we stopped for drinks. I misplaced my reading glasses and when the bill came, I reached to the bar and grabbed my glasses to read it.

After trying to read the bill, I said to the bartender, "You might as well just tell me what the total is, these glasses aren't worth a damn."  The gentleman next to me said, "I know and I apologize. I've been meanining to get a new prescription."

After a brief moment of awkward silence, the bartender, my brother and the gent sitting next to me all died laughing. I had inadvertantly grabbed my next door neighbor's glasses, they all knew it and they all said nothing !

Jimmy

Anonymous said...

Love the story:) have a good week

Deb