Sunday, January 27, 2008

Sunday and all is well, well not quite.

 

      Good morning everyone.   Well, I am better but still sick.  Now I think I have a cold on top of what I had.  I can function though and even went out yesterday to play with my camera.  Check out my tree.



     We had a heat wave with temps up in the 40's.  Everyone was out enjoying the reprieve from the below zero weather of earlier.   Then we went out to eat and Rick bought me my perfect rose.  Blue to chase the blues away.



    I have been reading up on how to fix this cold.  I am getting desperate to feel normal and healthy again.  We bought some multi vitamins and I got some fresh ginger root.   I ground it up and then made a tea out of a tablespoon of it.  It is suppose to knock a cold out fast.  I will try anything and it wasn't too bad with some honey in it.  I have also decided to see my doctor.  I figured it out and I have been ill most of a month and a week with one thing or another.  Constant to it all is this total body fatigue and all over body aches.   I am probably just run down, but I had better make sure that is all it is.

    I am down a total of 5 pounds now.  Still plugging away.  I know I would be doing better if I went to the gym but with being sick just haven't got it in me right now.  Soon I hope.

    Today we are going to my MIL's.  I am going to start packing up the clothes.  Man she had alot of clothes. I could fill 4 fridge boxes I bet.  Then tomorrow I am calling auctioneers.   We are almost ready for the next step.  Yah.

    Well, check out my photo album for yesterdays shots.  A few turned out pretty good, pat pat.  Take care all.


12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope the new remedy works...and you start feeling better soon.
Yes a brief warm up for us too...40's here also.
Hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

good luck on feeling better...  colds and flu suck!
hug
d

Anonymous said...

I swear by Zicam nasal swabs and echinechea!  That always knocks the germs right out of me!!!

Five lbs is AWESOME!!!  Congratualtions!!

((hugs))
Jeanne

Anonymous said...

Congrats on dropping the 5 pounds Julie....that is awesome!! I'm sorry you now have more germs, this bug is awful. I will keep you in my prayers....try to rest as much as you can.
My thoughts will be with you as you pack up clothes today.

Pooh Hugs,
Linda
P.S....................The blue rose is BEAUTIFUL :)

Anonymous said...

That blue rose is just lovely.  Add some shaved ginger root to some chicken soup or broth (a little more tasty that way)  Works wonders!!!  Basic chicken soup recipe on the College Inn broth box/can works well ... simple, easy.  

Feel better soon and thanks for stopping by!

Anonymous said...

That rose is gorgeous.  I don't think I've ever seen a blue one like that.  I think you need to make sure you don't have some type of infection since you've been sick so long.  LOL...nurses are the worst patients.  Chris

Anonymous said...

Wow, you've got some heavy duty snow ! Hope you feel better

Jimmy

Anonymous said...

Being sick is no fun at all, I hope you kick everything that is ailing you.

Greg

Anonymous said...

Hmmm?   I think you could do with a high doze of 1,000mg of Vitamin C every day until you have got over this run down period you are going through.  My doctor suggested I take it as soon as winter begins just to keep infections at bay.  I take the kind that disolves into a fizzy orange drink.  A bit like Alka Seltzer.  Its pretty tasty taken like that.
Hope  you get well soon.
Is that one of those twisted branch hazel trees?   If so I have one too in a tub on my patio.  That is some photograph....just look at the shadow underneath the tree in the snow.  It's dark blue against the snow.  Perfect!  Clever girl!
I will away now and take a look at your other photos.
Don't kill yourself over at Betty's.  Take it easy for goodness sake.
Big Hug
Love
Jeanie in the Lakes.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

try 3000 to 4000 milgrams of vitamin C that is what my doc told me to take when i get a virus. have a good week

Deb

Anonymous said...

Wow that rose sure is beautiful..
hope you feel better and have a good week...
Lyn
http://journals.aol.com/ukgal36/Britsblog/

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the weight loss!

Krissy :)
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink