Thursday, January 3, 2008

Iowa Caucus Day

  Oh My I Can't wait for this to be over.  I am so glad I don't have TV. 

    Yesterday we went out and had pizza.  Every few minutes another commercial with a political ad.  Every 10 minutes the phone rings with another recorded message.  Its enough to put you off ever voting, LOL.  But I will.

     I will not be voting for someone just because they are the same sex as me.  I will be weighing my important vote on more then that, but for some that is all it takes.  I won't be voting for or against the color of a persons skin.  But for some that is all it will take. 

    I will be voting for someone who has not changed their minds every time the wind of public opinion changes.  I want someone firm on the issues and of course of like mind as me.  I do not vote a straight party line.  How would that be possible?  But I do vote.  And I want all of you to vote.  However you vote because it is your right and you have the freedom to do it.  Enough said.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've gotten calls too, and I live in California.  I've gotten two calls for Obama stating "we are calling to ensure your vote with Mr. Obama.."  I tell them, I am not going to promise ANYONE I'm voting for anyone, and I'm not going to TELL anyone who I'm voting for...  You are right--makes someone NOT want to go and vote!  Julie

Anonymous said...

i agree with you.  good entry.
gina

Anonymous said...

Same thing happened to us last night, eating out for pizza too.  Normally they have sports on the TV's. last night Iowa....I feel the same way you do.  Have a great weekend....hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

I never vote on a party line.  LOL...I got tired of hearing about the Iowa caucus in Pa.  It will be interesting to see who has survived come this summer.  Chris