Thursday, August 7, 2008

Just a thought

  Yes.... I am still waiting for Rick to get ready.... Sigh. 

   Anyway.  Listening to the radio.  They were talking about how America might not be ready for a black president.  I suggest, humbly, turn off the TV and just listen.  Don't let color, race, sex, etc.... be the issue when choosing the next President of the United States.  That doesn't matter at all.  Listen to the words.  Listen to the person behind the words, keeping in mind also that these speeches are written for the people running.  But that should be what makes you vote.  Really the rest doesn't matter.  Vote for who is best to run the country.  Period.  My opinion.

      Personally if President Palmer from 24 was running and as good as making decisions in a tight spot, as moral as he was in the program, I would vote for him. Not the actor who is way out there in his views, but the character. Sigh, it is after all though just a show and maybe someone like that only exsists in some writers imagination.  But we can dream.....Right?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it would be great for actors to be president. At least there'd be some forethought in their script and consequent actions.

Jimmy

Anonymous said...

I totally agree.....

AND.....

I honestly do not care if one is less experienced than the other.  NO ONE knows it all.  What I am concerned about is "will this person surround himself with smart, knowledgeable people and does he value the same things I do?"  One person DOES NOT run the country.  

Just my opinion!

((hugs))
Jeanne

Anonymous said...

I agree....race or gender should not enter into anyone's decision. People really need to pay attention to who they elect in Congress......that is who truly rules the roost of decisions!

Pooh Hugs,
Linda

Anonymous said...

I agree, ote for who has the same views as you and forget what colour or race they are ~ that's of no importance! Jeannette xx