Friday, August 15, 2008

Counting down the days.



         One day of work gone, 5 more 12 hour shifts to go.  Can you say counting down the days.  I am getting excited. 

   The bad news is our hitch still isn't in.  How to get our bikes up there if we don't get the hitch.  I guess if we have to I can bad the top of the roof and they can ride up there because I haven't been planning this trip to the Black Hills to ride the bike trail for over a year only to have it all go up in smoke.  Of course you can rent bikes there but I want to ride on my bike.  My bike that my camera bag snuggly fits on.  My bike that I have trained on.  MY bike.

    Did we train enough for the trail?  Probably not.  Oh well.  If I can't ride up all the hills I can walk.  I am determined to go on the trail and get pictures of the tunnels.  Greg, what setting should I use to shoot in a tunnel, LOL. 

     Friday we are spending the night at Rapid City and going to the brew pup.  Firehouse Brewery.  Then Saturday we go to the cabin.  They don't give you the directions on how to get there until the week before.  Very private and seclude.   I can't wait.

     I had to be charge last night the first 4 hours.  Total chaos.  I must have heard my name called 500 times so it was a relief at 11 to just take on my own patients and do my own thing.   I no longer care to be charge.  Spend to many years doing it and just want to concentrate on my own group of patients these days.  And a lovely group I had.

    I have actually been reading my manual for the new camera.  On line there is a great site with step by step instructions on using the camera with pictures on what buttons to use.  Should have done this class first.

    Well, time to get ready for work and visit some of your journals.  I am way behind as usual on my week to work.  Have a great weekend all.



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope these next few days go by fast for you and that your bike hitch get there on time. Great pictures. Ken went online and printed me an instruction book in larger print then had a binder put on it with some slicker colored covers. Have a nice night. Helen

Anonymous said...

Wow, I can't believe it's almost time to go already.  Seems like it was so long ago.  I know you'll find a way to get your bikes there tho I hope you get that hitch.  That's cool that you don't have the directions yet.  The whole trip sounds like a dream....Chris

Anonymous said...

I hope your work days coming up run smoothly, with no chaos...  :)  Julie

Anonymous said...

Julie, could you rent a hitch? I don't know much about those things....but maybe you can. Wow....it's getting closer and closer, I'm so excited for you!

I Love the pictures, the bird is incredible!

Pooh Hugs,
Linda

Anonymous said...

so do you work 6 12 hour shifts in a row???  and all night shift??  eww eww eww!!! i am excited for your upcoming trip.  i know you and rick will have so much fun and i'm really looking forward to seeing your pix.
gina

Anonymous said...

Great photos!   and nothing like having your own equipment like your bike on the trip  hope you get your hitch in soon~kbear

Anonymous said...

I do NOT....do NOT miss those 12 hour shifts one little bit! I don't see how you still do them? I don't think I could anymore to be honest. 8 is enough for me to be on my feet.
I hope you get to enjoy your trip like you want to. Sounds like a LOT of fun! I can't wait to hear about it and see pics of you and Rick riding on the trail.
Pam