Wednesday, November 21, 2007
I was thinking of all I have to be thankful for today. I just want to say a Big thank you to everyone who has giving us so much support. It means so much. I have so much to be thankful for. So for starters.
1. I am thankful work gave me tonight off. No I can't afford it, but am grateful to have tomorrow with my family. Rick will be tickled I am cooking after all.
2. I am thankful I am not the type of person who can stay down for long. I just can't help. I usually am cheerful. Even when everything looks like it is going wrong I still can't stay on the low end for long.
3. I am grateful my MIL is not in pain. Her last days seen comfortable which was her goal and ours.
4. I am grateful my brother who I have not spoken to for over a year called today and my sister is doing well.
5. I am grateful Zoey is doing better.
6. I am grateful for pain free days.
7. I am grateful for my bike and the many wonderful days it has given me.
8. I am grateful to my youngest son who kissed me this morning and told me he loved me. Out of the blue. Even though he lives here we seldom see each other due to our jobs. He has always been a joy to me.
9. I am grateful to my wonderful grandchildren who I got to talk to on our web cam and make faces at. Technology is a wonderful thing. I am old enough it still amazes me.
10. I am grateful for each and everyday as they are all a blessing and not to be counted on.
11. And I am grateful for my husband. He drives me as nuts as I probably drive him and we still love each other. He has always helped me though the bad times and I hope I am helping him also.
So to everyone. Happy Thanksgiving. Its a wonderful thing.
A Thanksgiving Day Prayer
Lord, so often times, as any other day
When we sit down to our meal and pray
We hurry along and make fast the blessing
Thanks, amen. Now please pass the dressing
We're slaves to the olfactory overload
We must rush our prayer before the food gets cold
But Lord, I'd like to take a few minute more
To really give thanks to what I'm thankful for
For my family, my health, a nice soft bed
My friends, my freedom, a roof over my head
I'm thankful right now to be surrounded by those
Whose lives touch me more than they'll ever possibly know
Thankful Lord, that You've blessed me beyond measure
Thankful that in my heart lives life's greatest treasure
That You, dear Jesus, reside in that place
And I'm ever so grateful for Your unending grace
So please, heavenly Father, bless this food You've provided
And bless each and every person invited
Amen! --Scott Wesemann
Posted by Julie at 8:52 PM