Tuesday, July 19, 2005

My first Gain

   Yesterday I weighed in at 222.6 and today it was 223.  I know, I know, not a big gain but I feel like I ate so good yesterday.  I had this absolutely wonderful chicken breast on salad for lunch and for supper made a red and sweet pototoe salad which was really good.  I think it must have been the pork steak but have to admit to having 2 beers yesterday.  Either way I am up a tad for the first time.  I think it is because I am so close to that elusive -20 pound mark.  I will have to do better today.

  Once again I had to go to the doctors, this is getting old.  My throat is still hurting and my right ear hurts really bad.  I am feeling under the weather.   They found fluid in my ear, I knew that and my right lung has rales in the bases, not good and that my explain my winded and under the weather feeling.  I have had a nagging cough also.  They are getting concerned with the sore throat which has been going on for almost 2 months now.  I am starting to feel like things are sticking occasionally.  If it doesn't clear up with the new antibiotics I have to have a chest xray and see a eyes, ears, nose and throat doc.  Hopefully this will take care of it.  I am tired of seeing the doc. 


Before you begin meditation take several slow, deep breaths. Hold your body erect, allowing your breathing to become normal again. Many thoughts will crowd into your mind, ignore them, letting them go. If they persist be aware of them with the awareness, which does not think. In other words, think non-thinking.

-Zen Master Dogen, "Fukanzazengi"

No comments: